2,240 results
All reviews front desk awesome pool partial ocean view heated pool oceanfront room breakfast staff free breakfast the entire staff oatmeal staff was very friendly the breakfast area mayo clinic tiki waterfall hampton carole beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Young lady at front desk was very welcoming! The pool is beautiful! The location is wonderful!! You are right on the beach. I highly recommend this Hampton Inn. The floor we were on was recently remodeled; very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HiltonJaxBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello leavekc,

Thank you so much for recommending us! We also appreciate you recognizing our staff and all the amenities you enjoyed while here!

We appreciate your business and hope we see you back soon!

Reviewed January 19, 2020

The adjoining rooms were noisy. I lengthened my stay by one day and my card was diactivated. Maids couldn't let me in and had to stay in line behind a large group just to get in. Didn't have my ID, which seemed to pose a problem. I ate at the Grill two times. The hamburger was greasy and the mahi mahi rubbery. The room didn't seem to be as clean as it has been in the past. Parking was a nightmare even though we are diamond members. I think the hotel has really gone downhill from when we were there last year. Will probably stay at the Marriott when we visit Jacksonville again in March.

Hello MajorColorado,

I am very sorry for the issues you mentioned. Obviously we have to ID our guests but we should have made sure you got a new key when you extended. I will make sure we fix the issues with the team you mentioned and hope you do give us another chance as these issues are not normal for us.

Thank you for your feedback and business, I hope we see you again and I get to meet you personally!

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Didn’t get what I asked for. View of the dumpster and three parking lots. Requested Ocean Front. Didn’t get it. No mention of Hilton Honors recipient. Loud noises in parking lots all night. Balcony was filled with sounds of huge fans down below. Don’t stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HiltonJaxBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Hello DayTrip11458333485,

I am sorry that you were disappointed and we certainly should have recognized you as a Hilton Honors member. We do try to upgrade people but with how busy we are we do not often have ocean view or oceanfront rooms available as they are already sold to others who selected and paid for that room type. I also apologize for the noise from the fans and in the parking lot.

I do hope you give us another chance as most of our guests do really enjoy our property and we strive to take good care of them. I would really like a chance to do that again with you!

Reviewed January 7, 2020

I was charged $138 in incidental fees that I have never been charged before. The staff had an attitude in explaining this. After paying an expensive rate per night of $289, I did not feel the incidental fees withheld was acceptable. I still have not received the $138 incidental fee reimbursement after eight days of leaving the property. This is unacceptable for them to be using my money for this long.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HiltonJaxBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Hello marshaperkins,

I am sorry for the inconvenience you described. I know that we have tried to reach out to you resolve this. We do take a $25 per day hold for incidentals/security that should be explained properly at checkin. This is just like when renting a car there is an additional security deposit hold. Once you checkout this amount is released and it is up to your bank to put the funds back on your account. We do not use this hold for anything and it is released right at checkout.

Sometimes if a bank is holding this amount a longer time than normal we can get on the phone with you and your bank to get them to release it quicker. This is one of the reasons we have reached out to you to offer that assistance as well as just to resolve the issue and make sure you know we care about your concern.

Reviewed January 5, 2020

Let's start with the pros. The hotel is right on the beach. Walk out the door and you can be walking on the beach in minutes. Pool area nice. Coffee and tea available in the lobby 24/7. Wasn't able to enjoy the tiki bar, but it looked inviting. Now for the cons. Overpriced for the quality of the rooms. Rooms need updated, were not clean, and there was mold on photos in the room. Value not there for a partial ocean view, dated room. Needs some TLC overall. Weird smell. No safe in the room. Questionable security - upon checking in there was no request to see photo ID or credit card. This made check-in quick, but anyone could have walked and checked in under my name and credit card. Not cool.

Date of stay: January 2020
HiltonJaxBeach, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Hello HowSoonIsNow3,

Thank you for the nice comments on our location, the Pool, Coffee Service and Tiki Bar. We are so glad you enjoyed that part of you stay.

I do apologize for the other issues you mentioned. I am happy to let you know that we are updating our rooms over the next 2 months so all the dated looks will be repalced! I am also sorry about the security issue you mentioned. That is not standard procedure at all and we are looking in to why that occurred.

Thanks again for you business and I hope to see you again after our update!

Warm Regards,