“Ocean Front Rooms”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Great Room, large balcony facing ocean, unfortunately, the A/C unit is on the balcony and it blasts noise and heat all around you, thereby diminishing the ocean front balcony and room experience, very poor planning. Breakfast is not typical of a hotel charging $200+ a night for ocean front room, canned and ready to serve items with limited choice. Pool and beach are great, hotel is clean and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stanley V
Write a ReviewReviews (1,593)

Reviewed August 7, 2014

staff is friendly, very close to water, beach is beautiful, pool is awesome w/waterfalls, spacious, nice beachside bar too. Best Hampton I have ever stayed in! Rent chairs & umbrellas right outside the door

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great stay! The staff was so friendly from start to finish! The location of the property was great and the price was so reasonable. Our family really enjoyed the pool. The bar was so convenient to the pool as were the restrooms. We will be back again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for only two nights on our way driving to Miami. The lobby was very small but the check in procedure was quick. We had an ocean front room with a fantastic view but the moment I walked in the room I was repulsed by the terrible smell. I wasn't sure what that smell was but it felt very moldy. The room and the bathroom were kind of small. There was a little kitchenette with a mini fridge, coffee maker and a microwave. I was almost gonna leave the hotel because of that terrible smell but the kids and us were very tired from the long drive so we decided to stay. There was no central air conditioning system and I believe that's what caused that moldy smell because there is no ventilation. When we washed our swim suits and hung them to dry they never dried; they stayed wet for almost two days because of the lack of ventilation.

The breakfast was really nice. They had bagels, muffins,fresh fruits, scrambled eggs, and make your own waffle. We really enjoyed the breakfast.

The pool area was lovely too. Not crowded and nice large pool with a waterfall.

The beach was breathtaking. Super sandy and endless. The water was nice, warm and wavy. We rented 2 chairs and an umbrella for $30.

The hotel is really nice actually but the only thing that really bothered me is that awful wet smell in the room. I would not return again for that reason.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Delo100
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Our family of five was traveling from Ohio to South Florida. This hotel was the perfect stopping point. It is really nicely done inside. The location on the beach is amazing and the pool area is resort like. We had a great experience and enjoyed the area around the hotel. We would certainly come back and spend some more time here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TDB3
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The hotel was full, we had some maintenance issues, but the Jax Beach Hampton staff appear dedicated to make your visits the best under any situation. Friendly, helpful and just fun to be around. Great location and amenities...sunrise, beach and local residents make this one our favorite family "getaway" places. Superb for kids...young or teenagers.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member and because of this hotel will never stay at another Hilton property again. Hotel messed up reservation, had us in a king bed instead of 2 queens as reserved. Room was not cleaned daily, only bed made and towels given. On the last day of our stay we left our room at 9am and returned at 5:15. I went to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager. I was told a manager was not available. I proceeded to tell this person at the front desk that no one had cleaned our room and replenished our towels. I told them that my daughter had taken a shower and had to use a dirty towel to dry off and that this was total B.S. The person then told me I was not going to use that language and called the police. I was absolutely stunned. I could see if I was threatening or yelling but that was not the case. This was the most humiliating experience I and my family have ever been through. For a company to put me and my kids through what they did was unforgivable. We were forced to pack up with a police officer in the hallway all the while my daughter and son are crying and upset and asking why we were having to leave. I will end on this note, there is a really nice Marriott Courtyard next to this property and I will be using my Marriott points to stay there next year since I am now done with Hilton Honors and there program.

Stayed: July 2014
10  Thank Diamondsnotforever
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
1 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!