“Great place on the beach”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great place on the beach”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hotel is directly on the ocean in a nice area. There are many restaurants in the area. The hotel staff are super friendly and seem genuinely concerned about guest satisfaction. The hot breakfast was pretty good with a wide variety of choices. We booked an oceanfront room which was clean and comfortable and the view was nice although would have been better higher up (we were on second floor). Hotel was an excellent value as well. My only complaint is that the bed was much too firm for me. A topper would have been nice (did not ask for one). I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor or higher if you want a view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Brad W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear ArmyLori,

First, we would like to thank you for your service for our country. We appreciate all that you do. Second, we would like to thank you for staying at the hotel and taking the time to write a review.

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have mattress pads available upon request if you decide to stay with us again.

Thank you, again.

Brad Whitaker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Turkey
Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you are visiting Jacksonville, get some fresh air and sea breezes at the Hampton Inn, right on the beach! Everything was really pleasant here - we stayed three nights - reception staff with a real interest, good room with seafront balcony, breakfast by the pool. Good value for money.

Room Tip: Beach front of course. But I think you need to book early to get one!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed here for my son's beach wedding on 12/22/13. Enjoyed an oceanfront room with a beautiful view of the sunrise. Friendly staff, great accommodations, wonderful breakfast for the 3 grandkids. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Summerville, United States
Reviewed December 24, 2013

we stayed 2 days on way to cruise in Port Canaveral. Weather was bas but we managed to get on beach a few times. Staff was excellent & beach view great. Not a peak time of year to visit but worked out great. We woill come back in the summer

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We arrived at the hotel and the check in was pleasant enough. My fiancee and I had just driven 7 hours and were staying there one night before a cruise. Strike 1: We get to the room and in the bathroom is an ant infestation in the bathroom. "No big deal", we say grabbing our bags and moving to our "upgraded" room two double beds (not the king room I paid for), across from the vending/ice machines on the same floor as a large loud party, (I don't know who Kevin is but, his presence was requested in the hallway 3 times between 2 and 4 AM). The fact that this can be called an "upgrade" is laughable enough for me to roll all that into Strike 2. The 5 people in the room next to me were also there to party. When called by the front desk one classy lady banged on the wall and shouted "I dont give a [--] Im from Orlando!". The absolute best part of this lavish
"upgrade" was our balcony was also overlooking the pool/hottub with NO closing time so "Kevin" and the gang just moved the party from outside my door to outside my balcony!
Now I understand that a hotel cannot be responsible for its guest to a certain point. My issue is I booked a room and because of that hotel's cleanliness my room was changed to the worst room on the property. Would you switch someone to across the vending machine and above the hottub and call it an upgrade? The next day Betsy (whose gleefully loud voice fell just on the side of condescension), left me a message that she opened a greivance with Hilton. No conformation number, No information on how to contact Hilton, and sadly No follow up phone call from upper management. Its okay I have the number to my bank to dispute the charge.

3 Thank Chevon H
Brad W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Chevon H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel based on the issues that occurred during your stay. I would like to apologize that your stay with us was so filled with issues. That is very unusual for our hotel, and I am very saddened that other guests were so rowdy and inconsiderate during your stay.

I also apologize that the information regarding the follow up to your stay was incomplete, but you should have heard from a Hilton representative regarding your stay. If you have not, have any questions, or further issues; please feel free to contact me at bradley.whitaker@hilton.com.

With my most sincere apologies,

Brad Whitaker
Geneal Manager
Apollo Beach, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Excellent staff, room and amenities. 24 hour coffee bar was great. Overlooked the Atlantic Ocean - great view from balcony. Close to many fine restaurants and entertainment. One of the best complimentary breakfast array that I've had.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 17, 2013

fine beach location, great breakfast, ocean front rooms perfect other than needing a prop for the door. Staff who are fun and friendly and seem to enjoy there work. Pool and hot tub perfect for cold winter days.

1 Thank ymutate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!