“Excellent Hotel”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is by far the best Hampton I've ever stayed in across the U.S. The facilites were absolutely beautiful and the pool was awesome. It's right on the beach so that was great too. The best part of the hotel was definitely the staff. They have the most attentive and friendly staff I've ever experienced in this class of hotel. I received 5 star service for a 3 star price. I was highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
2  Thank Amy L

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights a week for 4 months. Prior to selecting this hotel, I had stayed at 6 other hotels in the Jacksonville area and was disappointed in each of those. This hotel really back my "home away from home". First, you can't beat the location: right on the beach. The rooms were clean, spacious, and had balconies. The pool was a step up from your normal hotel pools, with a water fall and large hot tub. The Tiki Bar had a great view of the beach, cold drinks, very good bar food, and was a nice place to relax after a long day of work. The breakfast offered in the morning is the best breakfast I have ever seen offered at a Hampton. The BEST part of this hotel to me is the staff. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool; they have a nicer view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FanOfWine11
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Hampton Inn. Staff was amazing. Everyone so pleasant and wanted to make sure we had best time. Tiki bar was a highlight of this Hotel. Location was right off beach. Pool was beautiful and extremely clean. Big shout out to Sammy at the bar. This girl works hard but remembers everyone she serves and was so friendly. We will be going back next year.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank kbrown4856
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff at this property is top notch! They are friendly, welcoming and go out of their way to assist guests in any way they can. Rooms are a good size, and well kept. Of the 3 hotels in the immediate area, this is the best. Breakfast is great, and food service staff is as helpful as the desk staff. This property is a gem. I was stranded during my stay and the staff came to my rescue showing extraordinary customer service the likes of a 5 star property in NYC. This staff could teach classes in Hospitality! Thank you for an amazing wonderful stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Lrenee212
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Hubby and I have to make frequent visits to Jacksonville to Mayo and have always stayed at and loved the Quality down the road but when I called this time to get TWO rooms, one for 2 nights for hubby and I and my sis and her hubby who came all the way from OH to be with us for hubby's brain surgery, they dismissed us quickly and said although they had rooms it would be impossible to give my sister the better rate and very difficult even to give my hubby and I that rate in this very high this season. I was dismayed with them when the main desk personnel dismissed my inquiry so quickly. I understand many people "claim" they are eligible for this discount who are not, and truly that is not fair and makes it very difficult for those of us who are genuinely in need of staying in a time of hardship, but we WERE legit and she dismissed my inquiry way too fast. They have likely lost us for good because the following night after the surgery my sister and her hubby stayed at this Hampton Oceanfront and were thrilled with everything about it!!!

Monday night after my hubby's surgery at Mayo having been with us at the hospital all day they searched in vain for a fair price on the beach. Coming from OH they at least wanted 1 night on the beach and they sure deserved it!! Many places were full and when they weren't, they were charging a fortune! When my sister approached the desk after her long 1 hour of searching up and down the beach she was greeting in the most friendly way by Betsy. Not only did she give them a room at a fair price but also offered them her compassion in a tangible way when she learned they were genuinely in need of some restoration. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! They felt very much at home here. The breakfast was superb, the room was quiet, very comfy and it had plenty of space. The pool is extremely inviting too! It's a win, win,win with this Hampton!! A special thanks to Betsy and Rebecca for your incredible hospitality!!!

1  Thank Shelemiah
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have reviewed this hotel before and given it outstanding marks. This trip we stayed over the July 4th weekend and the hotel was sold out. It is a beautiful hotel, the pool is nice as well as all other offerings. My issue this time was housekeeping, or the lack of. We stayed 4 nights and finally on the third day after no service; I called the front desk to ask them to ensure my room was serviced that day (before noon). They insured me that it would be taken care of quickly. At 5 p.m. we came back to room, still no service; called front desk a second time and they insured me housekeeping would be right up. Took a stroll on the beach then stopped for a drink at the tiki hut. We came back to our room at 7:30 pm. and still not service. I called the front desk again to request towels (forget service). An hour later housekeeping (8:00 p.m. now) shows up to clean my room. I took towels and told them no cleaning. I do realize it was July 4th weekend, but seriously, for the price we paid...no service what so ever for 4 days??? Additionally, I forgot an item in my room and called the hotel on my way home. Asked them to check for item (that was left in a desk drawer). After four phone calls (yes, 4 days), they informed me that the item could not be found. Well, no kidding...it was an expensive item and the room had been occupied several times by the time they confirmed it was not found. Not to mention, house keeping was checking for the item - so who knows if they even went in the room for 4 days. I know they didn't while I was staying. Disappointing Hampton...I'll try the Courtyard next visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Brad W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear adsscs,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. July 4th is a very special holiday at the hotel. I apologize that we failed to make it an outstanding experience for you. We try to go from our gueast feedback, and hopefully if you stay in Jacksonville Beach again, you do give us another opportunity.

Brad Whitaker

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

What a great oceanfront room we had! Pros: The view was unbelievable. The room had a great kitchenette and a huge, full sized mirror. Definitely a plus for the ladies. The location was literally on the beach and getting there was just a few steps out of the hotel. We rented chairs and an umbrella for the day for $30. Pricey, but I've seen worse and the chairs were so comfortable that I didn't care about the money. Towels were provided by the hotel on the way out to the beach by the pool. The free breakfast was great and they featured different hot items (eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles) each day. That was nice so we didn't get bored of the food. They had healthy options also (fruit, yogurt, oatmeal), which I appreciated. Coffee is available 24/7 and we used this often! Good coffee with coffee mate and international delight flavored creamers available. The staff was very friendly and accommodating (especially Zach!).There were tons of restaurants & bars within walking distance of the hotel. By car, you had just about anything you needed on one street over (Walgreens, Publix Grocery Store, McDonalds, Smoothie King, etc). We explored St. John's at Town Center, which was just about 12-15 minutes away. All I can say is "wow" at the size and scope of this mall. Any store you could imagine was there, as well as tons of restaurants. It ranged from Bahama Breeze to Season's 52 and from Louis Vuitton to Ulta. I could have stayed there for days, but tried to remind myself that I was there for the beach, not to shop! Cons: The 3 elevators in the hotel did get crowded at some points during the day and they did run out of beach towels a couple of times, but did replace them quickly. The A/C in the room leaked water on the balcony when running. It wasn't a huge deal, but was quite loud outside.
All in all, would definitely come back to Jax Beach and would most definitely stay at the Hampton Inn Oceanfront again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!