What a great oceanfront room we had! Pros: The view was unbelievable. The room had a great kitchenette and a huge, full sized mirror. Definitely a plus for the ladies. The location was literally on the beach and getting there was just a few steps out of the hotel. We rented chairs and an umbrella for the day for $30. Pricey, but I've seen worse and the chairs were so comfortable that I didn't care about the money. Towels were provided by the hotel on the way out to the beach by the pool. The free breakfast was great and they featured different hot items (eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles) each day. That was nice so we didn't get bored of the food. They had healthy options also (fruit, yogurt, oatmeal), which I appreciated. Coffee is available 24/7 and we used this often! Good coffee with coffee mate and international delight flavored creamers available. The staff was very friendly and accommodating (especially Zach!).There were tons of restaurants & bars within walking distance of the hotel. By car, you had just about anything you needed on one street over (Walgreens, Publix Grocery Store, McDonalds, Smoothie King, etc). We explored St. John's at Town Center, which was just about 12-15 minutes away. All I can say is "wow" at the size and scope of this mall. Any store you could imagine was there, as well as tons of restaurants. It ranged from Bahama Breeze to Season's 52 and from Louis Vuitton to Ulta. I could have stayed there for days, but tried to remind myself that I was there for the beach, not to shop! Cons: The 3 elevators in the hotel did get crowded at some points during the day and they did run out of beach towels a couple of times, but did replace them quickly. The A/C in the room leaked water on the balcony when running. It wasn't a huge deal, but was quite loud outside.
All in all, would definitely come back to Jax Beach and would most definitely stay at the Hampton Inn Oceanfront again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy private access to the beach for breathtaking sunrises over the Atlantic Ocean. We also offer the largest swimming pool on the beach, a 120-foot heated pool and hot whirlpool grotto, featuring four waterfalls cascading from sculptured rock formations. Unwind in one of our spacious guest rooms and find everything you need for a comfortable stay. Surf the web with free high-speed internet access and enjoy a restful sleep in the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. For extra space and a touch of luxury, step up to one of the hotel's stylish suites, offering upgraded amenities such as a spacious work area with ergonomic desk chair. Catch up with work in the hotel’s fully equipped business center or make the most of your leisure time with a workout in the fitness center. The hotel offers a free hot breakfast buffet, Relax at the Tides Bar while enjoying one of your favorite libations or purchase lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Oceanfront Hotel Jacksonville Beach
- Comfort Inn Jacksonville Beach
- Jacksonville Beach Comfort Inn