This hotel used to be a comfort inn. It was an excellent hotel, had absolutely no complaints. In fact it was so good we came back for almost 15 years. Then last year Hilton bought the hotel and turned it into a Hampton inn. I won't event comment on our experience last year when they were doing the renovations. I'll just tell you that it's better I don't. So for the last 15 years we have always booked a pool view room and the comfort inn charged different rates for city view, pool view, and ocean front rooms. No big deal, but we wanted pool view and when we booked the room we paid the pool view rate and booked a pool view room. We booked our room about 6 months in advance and there was no disclaimer saying that we may not get a pool view room. Every indication led us to believe it was guaranteed. When we arrived the very obnoxious argumentative front desk lady told us they had no pool view rooms available and gave us a city view instead. This was not acceptable. The lady then argued with us saying they have always charged the same rate for city and pool view... completely false, I remind you this is the 16th year we have stayed here. The best she could do was give us a city view for the first night then have us change rooms. We did that. The management of this hotel is done the worst I have ever seen. At about 4 in the afternoon there were three little girls, about 10 years old, sitting in the hot tub. This is a huge medical safety concern. We informed the management of this since the girls were unsupervised and there rules clearly state no one under 18 is allowed in the hot tub. Management did nothing about it. They just went over talked to the girls, girls got out, management left, girls got back in. We told the management about it again and they told us there was nothing to do. Glad those weren't my children. Other than these management issues, the rooms and decor and environment and hot breakfast were outstanding. In the end, we will not being staying here again. We will opt for another hotel on the beach with better management. The comfort inn was a million times better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy private access to the beach for breathtaking sunrises over the Atlantic Ocean. We also offer the largest swimming pool on the beach, a 120-foot heated pool and hot whirlpool grotto, featuring four waterfalls cascading from sculptured rock formations. Unwind in one of our spacious guest rooms and find everything you need for a comfortable stay. Surf the web with free high-speed internet access and enjoy a restful sleep in the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. For extra space and a touch of luxury, step up to one of the hotel's stylish suites, offering upgraded amenities such as a spacious work area with ergonomic desk chair. Catch up with work in the hotel’s fully equipped business center or make the most of your leisure time with a workout in the fitness center. The hotel offers a free hot breakfast buffet, Relax at the Tides Bar while enjoying one of your favorite libations or purchase lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Oceanfront Hotel Jacksonville Beach
- Comfort Inn Jacksonville Beach
- Jacksonville Beach Comfort Inn