“Felt like I was on vacation”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Reviewed May 30, 2013

While, I was actually there for work, I will certainly take a "work week" like that, any time. The hotel was nicely decorated (I believe it was recently remodeled). My room had a view of the pool. At first I thought that the water falls going into the pool were a little loud, but they actually cut them off at night. This hotel does offer ocean front rooms as well.

The room itself, was pretty nice for a Hampton Inn. It did include a microwave and mini refrigerator as well as a small kitchenette. The best feature of the room in my opinion was the balcony. I am a smoker, and words can not express how nice it is to not have to leave your room every hour or so. If I recall, there were a few issues with the water temperature, but it didn't bother me that much. My only functional complaint about the room was that there was no lamp on the nightstand. For most people that may not be an issue, but for someone who stays in hotels week in and week out, it sure helps to wake up in the middle of the night and be able to find your way to the bathroom without walking into walls. I think I ended up taking the lamp from the desk and putting it on the nightstand (sorry housekeepers, I'm one of "those" people).

The workout room was VERY nice for a Hampton Inn or any comparable hotel. It included several cardio machines, dumbbells, two benches and one of those "versatile" cable machines. My only complaint was that the TV signal kept going in and out.

The complimentary breakfast was nice. Pretty standard for a Hampton, but there were multiple staff members working on the breakfast and they were all very polite (as were the rest of the staff at this hotel).

If you get bored, check out the surfboard rental place next door (on the North side of the building) and rent a board. I did and really enjoyed it. Overall, it was a great stay and I hope to return next time I'm in the area.

Room Tip: They're all nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a converted hotel on Jax Beach. The location is excellent and the remodel of the property is nice. The pool and the breakfast was great for the children. The room size was good and accomadated all four of us fine.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friend and I and her 7 year old stayed here 1 night over Memorial Day weekend. I booked the room through expedia and got a decent deal on a balcony room. We reached the hotel around 12 and while our room was not ready yet the girl at the front desk pre checked us in and gave us our parking pass and told us to enjoy the facilities and she will call us when our room was ready. The hotel is beautiful! The pool and hot tub, very nice as well.

We headed out to the beach and I decided to stop by the bar to get my friend and I a frosty beverage. 1 frozen margarita and 1 pina colada was 21.00 bucks! I couldn't believe it! I expect those prices in Jersey where I live, but Jacksonville??? The beach is very nice and clean. we went back to the hotel around 4;30 to see if our room was ready because we had not recieved a call. Our room was ready, they just forgot to tell us. our room was nice, We had a partial ocena view room and that was nice. i went to take a shower before going out to dinner and I noticed that the water was not very hot at all, maybe one notch above luke warm. I didn't think anything of it because it was kind of peak ahowering time right before dinner. My friend and her daughter kinda brushed off the water not being hot as the same reason I did,

Fast forward to 3 am when I had to get up to catch my 5:45 am flight home. I turned the shower on and let it run for a good 10 minutes, NO HOT WATER AT ALL! The water was ice cold! I was ticked! I called the front desk and was told that maintence was not there yet and she would send a guy from hospitality up to the room to see if there was something he could do. They send up a man that speaks NO english and tells me in the only two words of english he knows is " water's cold". NO DUH the water is cold! That is why you were sent up here! He then just walks out of the room. I call the front desk again and they tell me they are sorry that they can't even let me shower in another room because the hotel is sold out. So I was stuck jumping in a cold shower for like 3 minutes.

When I checked out of the hotel the front desk girl told me that I will be getting a call from the manager to apologize and see what they can do for a future stay. it is Tuesday and I received no call. I thought I would give them an opportunity to make the situation right before I wrote a review. That opportunity never came and that is why I posted my experience and my honest opinion of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LMT1066
Brad W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear LMT 1066,

Thank you for the response regarding your stay with us. We have looked into the issues with the hot water, and with the help of the local natural gas provider, we have resolved the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate the kind words about the look of the hotel.

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope you decide to stay with us in the future.

Brad Whitaker
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach\Oceanfront

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here for four nights into Memorial Day weekend. I do not understand the recent negative reviews and think that they are suspicious in nature as this place is top notch. The rates were very reasonable considering the location on the beach. Checking in and out were a breeze and the parking, which is free, is on either side of the hotel or right across the street. A sell-out crowd plus a wedding on Saturday led to tough parking but they had an attendance across the street to make sure that only qualified people parked. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, giving advice as requested. Our room was an ocean front view on the top floor and it was awesome. We had a balcony and could leave the door open as well as sit outside and watch the activities on the beach and ocean. It was a view to die for. The room was clean and we had all the things we needed. There was a direct path to the beach and they had a swimming pool along the way with a waterfall. The free breakfast is a little harried due to the crush of people at the same time using the two coffee pots, two waffle makers, and two toasters. The lines can get long. The food is great and the best waffle I have made at a hotel. I loved the vat of fresh oatmeal and toppings for it. A tiki bar is outside and you can get drinks and food there. It is easy to get around the area and the little town at Atlantic Beach nearby has lots of little shops and restaurants.

The only possible glitch was that, despite being a 100% smoke free hotel, we had times where cigarette smoke came into our room. We had to close the door to the balcony. Even that did not stop the last two nights from having smoke in the next room ooze under the common door that had no weather stripping at the bottom. This really needs to be addressed as many travelers like us choose smoke free hotels as a first priority since smoke makes us sick. I hope that they deal with this in the future to make this a tip top hotel.

We would love to return once the smoking issue is resolved.

Room Tip: The Full Oceanview rooms are worth the small amount more they charge. Great view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2013

From the moment we arrived, we were taken care of by wonderful, courteous staff. I can't say enough about the front office manager, Betsy Lopez. She was so friendly and helpful and accommodated us from the moment we checked in up to requesting a late check out. The ocean view rooms were beyond my expectations. Any time we had a request, the staff took care of us immediately. And you can't beat having a hot breakfast included in your stay! Would definitely stay her again!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Clean, comfortable, and consistently reliable. Great location, good amenities, very helpful staff, very nice rooms, pool, and lobby area. Never had any problems in the many times I've stayed there and wouldn't want to try anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Don't Waste your Money! OCEANFRONT BUGS! Bring your own Coffee Pot, mugs and glasses unless you like paper. Pool Bar drink prices ridiculous. Free Cold Breakfast, aren't eggs, sausage, etc supposed to be hot? But if you go better like to wake up early on the weekend.

3  Thank Rita H
Brad W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear Rita H.,

I am aware that your stay was hindered by unusual exterior bugs that swarmed all of the local buildings intermittently during your stay. We have had our pest management contractor look into this for us. Unfortunately, it was brought on by the rain and the migration of the swarm. We have sprayed each of the balconies to prevent the bugs. I would like to apologize that we did not solve this issue during your stay. This event is not typical for the hotel, the time of year, or the area.

Obviously, we want to make sure that we do all that we can to ensure our guests enjoy their stay thoroughly. Though the bug problem is not indicative of the hotel's actual work, as I mentioned to you in an e-mail, we had already refunded your stay.

We are restricted based on brand standards for many of the issues that you mentioned including breakfast times (6am to 10am daily) and coffee amenities. Most hotels companies are moving towards disposable coffee to provide the greatest cleanliness standard possible for the guest. All Hilton and Marriott brands have converted to the disposable coffee system. However, we do have coffee mugs available on site upon request, as do most hotels.

I apologize that your stay was not as pleasant as the hotel strives to ensure.

Bradley Whitaker
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach\Oceanfront

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
1 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!