While, I was actually there for work, I will certainly take a "work week" like that, any time. The hotel was nicely decorated (I believe it was recently remodeled). My room had a view of the pool. At first I thought that the water falls going into the pool were a little loud, but they actually cut them off at night. This hotel does offer ocean front rooms as well.
The room itself, was pretty nice for a Hampton Inn. It did include a microwave and mini refrigerator as well as a small kitchenette. The best feature of the room in my opinion was the balcony. I am a smoker, and words can not express how nice it is to not have to leave your room every hour or so. If I recall, there were a few issues with the water temperature, but it didn't bother me that much. My only functional complaint about the room was that there was no lamp on the nightstand. For most people that may not be an issue, but for someone who stays in hotels week in and week out, it sure helps to wake up in the middle of the night and be able to find your way to the bathroom without walking into walls. I think I ended up taking the lamp from the desk and putting it on the nightstand (sorry housekeepers, I'm one of "those" people).
The workout room was VERY nice for a Hampton Inn or any comparable hotel. It included several cardio machines, dumbbells, two benches and one of those "versatile" cable machines. My only complaint was that the TV signal kept going in and out.
The complimentary breakfast was nice. Pretty standard for a Hampton, but there were multiple staff members working on the breakfast and they were all very polite (as were the rest of the staff at this hotel).
If you get bored, check out the surfboard rental place next door (on the North side of the building) and rent a board. I did and really enjoyed it. Overall, it was a great stay and I hope to return next time I'm in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy private access to the beach for breathtaking sunrises over the Atlantic Ocean. We also offer the largest swimming pool on the beach, a 120-foot heated pool and hot whirlpool grotto, featuring four waterfalls cascading from sculptured rock formations. Unwind in one of our spacious guest rooms and find everything you need for a comfortable stay. Surf the web with free high-speed internet access and enjoy a restful sleep in the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. For extra space and a touch of luxury, step up to one of the hotel's stylish suites, offering upgraded amenities such as a spacious work area with ergonomic desk chair. Catch up with work in the hotel’s fully equipped business center or make the most of your leisure time with a workout in the fitness center. The hotel offers a free hot breakfast buffet, Relax at the Tides Bar while enjoying one of your favorite libations or purchase lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Oceanfront Hotel Jacksonville Beach
- Comfort Inn Jacksonville Beach
- Jacksonville Beach Comfort Inn