“Great staff location and amenities for the price!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Rockford, Il
“Great staff location and amenities for the price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for an extended weekend 10/4 -10/8 when the Chicago Bears played in town. I struggled with making the decision about where to stay for weeks! I am so glad I picked the HI. It was clearly the best choice for us once we got there and saw other nearby options.
Being from Chicago, we were specifically looking for the beach experience for our getaway,not just a hotel in Jacksonville. Having traveled all over Mexico and the Caribean, staying in predominantly AI hotels, we have gotten spoiled! A lot of the hotels in the beach cities really didn't seem to offer much but tiny pools in the parking lot. The pool and Tiki Bar at the HI really made the few days we had feel like vacation. I loved the beachy decor and vibe the hotel offers.
It appears there used to maybe be a bar inside and that would sure be a welcome addition for the nighttime since the Tiki closes kind of early, but we enjoyed that outdoor area a lot.
The breakfast was not what we are used to, it was very crowded and seemed disorganized, but it was nice to have that included. I hate having to get up in the morning and forage for food. I don't like decision making that early, unless it is whether I should sit at the pool or on the beach.
I agree with the other comments I've read about the staff. They were great from the moment we arrived. We had a very early flight and they let us check-in hours before the stated time. The ladies and gentleman I had contact with were all very accomodating and nice. They helped with any need we had from restaurant suggestions to calling a cab with a smile. We met family and friends in Jacksonville, but really wouldn't have needed to travel that far for anything. There were a lot of unique places to eat and drink within walking distance or a very short drive. Not big chains that offer the same thing I can get at home. We loved watching college football at Sneakers and having dinner at a pub that was Edgar Allan Poe themed called Poe's Tavern.
I wish I had gotten the name of the wonderful bartender who took care of us at the Tiki Bar multiple times during our stay. She was awesome! (Look for the tiny blond) There was a poolside server on the weekend. Nice touch!!
The room we had was oceanfront and worth the extra money. I'm a sucker for sitting on a balconey listening to waves.
There was not only a bed, but a couch and sitting area, fridge, micro etc. and I did not book a suite. In my opinion the bed and pillows were really good for a hotel. The linens smelled nice.
I would offer just a few suggestions for minor improvements, unless I missed the boat and just didn't see what I should have when it comes to these things.
Beach/pool towels - We did not know where to get towels for the pool/beach and we didn't see any signs about that during the week. On the weekend there was an attendant at the pool with towels which was great.
We had no idea where the people on the beach got chairs and cabanas. On our last day, again on the weekend, we figured out there is a vendor who rents them. Information about this type of service would have been great to have in the room.
The bathroom needs an exhaust fan. Man it stayed humid in there for a while after a shower. That was not the best environment to get ready in.
We were concerned about traveling the distance to the game and back, so we'd made reservations for the day of the game downtown. When the time came we didn't want to leave and actually found out the hotel was making shuttle arrangements for their guests. That should have been advertised. I never would have left.
If the Bears come back to Jax, offering a game package would be great. I'm in for sure :)

Room Tip: Go for the oceanfront it is not that much more and worth it! We had the 7th floor view was awesome.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend to attend a wedding. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us when we arrived early and had to get ready for the wedding. They were very friendly and quick to help when needed. It has been a long time since I have experienced staff like they have here. It has recently been renovated. The pool area has both sun and shade areas. The bar along the beach has a beautiful view. The complimentary breakfast included hot items and varied every day we were there. It is within walking distance to restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a beachfront room, first floor and could walk out of our room onto the beach. I would recomm...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
North Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend, our first trip ever to the JAX area. This hotel is, like most Hampton Inns, at medium-level for luxury. The standard rooms and the higher-priced rooms differ only in that the former look out onto the parking lot while the latter look out onto the pool, which is spectacular and separates the hotel itself from the gorgeous, flat beach. We prefer to save our money with a standard room, and to enjoy the pool and the beach. Pool staff distribute free towels for use at the pool or on the beach, which was greatly appreciated. The room was fine, nothing special at all, not brand new but not in need of renovations either. Hot morning breakfast is included and is most welcome -- eggs are not made to order, though. All in all, a very good (though not an excellent) hotel and very good value for the money. Recommended for a beach vacation.

Room Tip: Poolfront rooms are more expensive, and have less privacy from the balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorthPotomac
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I just wanted to getaway for the weekend. This hotel was awesome! The breakfast was great and the staff was THE BEST EVER! Our kids love the beach and this hotel is definitely in the BEST spot for them to visit.

Room Tip: HIgher floors have a better view of the beach!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
orlando, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the HI on Jax beach. The hotel was renovated and used to be a comfort inn. They have invested a lot in renovations....nice lobby, breakfast area, pool area and rooms are modern beachy....the bathroom was a bit annoying one day barely hot water for my shower and toilet constantly made noise.
I originally booked a partial view and it was horrible. Apparently most ppl knew to call the hotel and ask for an even numbered room so u are over the pool....odd numbered rooms are over the parking lot w a poor view of the water. Called front desk to change rooms but none were available so I was goin to change hotels, when they put me in an ocean front room....talk about service wow!!! They were so nice about it when I was fine with changing hotels they made sure I was happy and stayed at Hampton. If you are going to beach or pool I suggest you brig a beach towel as they only have regular bath towels they can give you. Breakfast was good, didn't try outdoor tiki bar. There are lot of restaurants within a short drive or walk whatever you prefer.
I would say this hotel gets high marks for their renovations, c/s svc and oceanfront view!

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

I spend last weekend at the Hampton inn, loved the rooms, location, food, service.... The staff is great but the front desk needs to work more about customer service, the girls shouldn't flirt that much with male guest, it looks inappropriate and the outfits should be more professional, managers made you feel welcome.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Brad W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Flower129,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. We are very glad you felt welcomed at our poperty. It truly is a pleasure to have guests stay with us.

We also appreciate your concerns tregarding the front desk, and we will use these comments to grow as a hotel.

Thank you so much, and we hope you decide to return to enjoy our facility as well as see the improvements.

Brad Whitaker
savannah,georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed at many hotels. This one feels like home. Betsy at the front desk does such a great job! I hope management sees what an asset she is! My kids adored her! she would go down to their level which touched my heart! She is not just the job. She has heart. The way she multitasked with all questions from her co workers to every guest issue with such a full lobby on a busy weekend was so impressive! that guest were talking about her in the elevators and bar area. thank you and great job!
Hampton Inn did an amazing job with rennovations. They did seem they needed work on some leaks thru out the hotel and the internet connection was not good at all. Good thing I was on vacation. Breakfast was very good and the pool just amazing. The rooms were beautiful after the remodel. Great Job! I will be back.

Room Tip: Partial Oceanveiw for the price was not bad at all!! I saved some money and still saw the beach
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear soccermom2010_11,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay and of Betsy. We will be sure to pass along your comments to all of the staff.

Thank you so much for staying with us, and we hope you stay with us again soon.

Brad Whitaker

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oce...
#4 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 486 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 908 reviews
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 353 reviews
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 10 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 554 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!