“Perfect Weekend Getaway”

Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Needed a beach fix and Hampton provided it! Great location, great staff. Betsy at the front desk checked us in and out and she was wonderful. She gave us three room options and even let us go and check out the rooms before making a decision. We opted for the 6th floor for the view. First floor rooms are convenient to the beach but views are a bit obstructed due to the landscaping. Our first night there some drunken idiot pulled the fire alarm causing everyone to temporarily evacuate but when we checked out again Betsy apologized profusely and didn't hesitate to comp our room for that night. Not necessary but much appreciated. Tiki bar a nice touch although a little slow and understaffed for the crowd. Overall just what I needed and we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lyks1522
Write a ReviewReviews (1,613)

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Close to everything you need. Free Hot Breakfast every morning. Free Paper Daily. Front Desk Staff is Great. Ask Front Desk for Coupons or Discounts to Area Restaurants. I would stay again at this Hotel. My Wife, Her Sisters and Myself had a Great time and Experience.

Room Tip: Either get a Oceanfront Room or a Room overlooking the Swimming Pool.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank acshiflett
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed for one week at the end of July 2012 and enjoyed every moment at this hotel. All the staff were very friendly and always smiled and greeted us. Made you feel welcome and at home. The beach access was great, walk out the back of the hotel right onto the beach. When you tire of the sand, sun and ocean....head on over to the pool that was fabulous. A large pool with waterfalls with plenty of room for everyone. The room was comfortable for a family, with a balcony to enjoy the views. The breakfast buffet was ok, nothing great. The usual couple of hot and cold items but enough to start your day. The only negative thing I can mention is the housekeeping is not on par with other hotels. The hallways were always dirty and the room needed a better cleaning. This was a combination business, family vacation trip so it met our needs. I would stay here again if I was on vacation as you cannot go wrong with the price, easy beach access, wonderful pool, and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views as the palm trees can block your view. Get a room that faces the poo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is not a new hotel but renovated. It still retains much of the previous hotel, which is slightly worn. I had such good expectations, but on arrival there was water pouring through the ceiling (after a storm). For a hotel only opened a month the tumble dryers were broken and some of the gym equipment was not functioning.

The position on the beach was excellent and the view from the ocean front rooms were great.

Don't know if it's normal for Florida but the staff were quite abrupt.

1  Thank jt100
Brad W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear jt100,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Every comment both possitive and negative are used to improve the quality of the hotel.

I would like to apologize that you experienced issues during your stay with the equipment not working in the guest laundry and the fitness center. We have resolved both of these issues, and are always striving to have the facility at its best.

I would also like to apologize for the abrupt staff you dealt with. It is not normal for Florida, and it is especially not normal at our facility. We will address that with everyone. Our goal is that every guest experience Five Star service without having to pay Five Star prices. We will ensure this issue is isolated.

Thank you again for staying with us and letting us know where we can grow.

Brad Whitaker

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family stayed here the first week in August 2012 and everything was great. We stayed in an ocean front room on the top floor (7th). The rooms are very clean, a little small but well taken care of. Our view was great; it was so relaxing to set out on our private balcony. Our room had a fridge and a microwave. The maids were so nice and would go out of their way to meet our needs. I don't like people in my room when I am not there and they would respect my request and not go in. The breakfast was good...waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal and fruit. We would go down really early just so we could get a seat because it gets a little crowded in the breakfast area. The pool was fabulous; it had 4 waterfalls and was warm. They also have a hot tub which felt great in the evenings. The pool area didn't get that crowded but I could never find a beach chair to lie in because people would save them with their towels and would be nowhere in sight. I could have saved me a chair but I didn't want to do people the way that I was being done so I guess it’s my own fault. Another good thing is that the pool provided beach towels to the guest. I wish that I had known that they do that because I packed my own beach towels and they took up one whole suitcase. Easy access to the beach/ocean. The beach has smooth white sand and was only really crowded on Saturday. I think that this is a great hotel and I would recommend it to anyone. We will be back!!

1  Thank MistyC7
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We couldn't stay long, but tried to enjoy as much as possible in the 14 hours we were there. A very clean property with the wonderful Hampton Inn breakfast. The pool area was very nice, and access area to the beach was convenient and close.

The room was clean and beds comfortable. The A/C was a bit loud and temperature could not be adjusted. We had a 3rd floor/partial ocean view room, but palm trees at that level, so try for floor 4 or above.

Wish we could have stayed longer...

Room Tip: Choose above 4th floor if partial ocean or oceanfront room for clear view.
1  Thank Fam5treks
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Had a great time, great Hotel to stay at...Thank you to ALL the staff for making it memorable!!!! Funny how we traveled 6 hours to meet someone from our hometown!!! Can't wait to come back!!! You can't go wrong with this Hotel.

Friends stayed at the bigger name hotel and didn't even have the amenities that we had!!! They had to travel to McD's for breakfast every morning!!

Room Tip: We had a corner room next to the elevator and it was pretty quiet!!!! We stayed on the fourth floor...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
1 mi away
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront? Share your experiences!