At check-in they changed the hotel name from Clarion to Hampton Inn.
The hotel has had major renovations. I stayed in a renovated room ocean front on the 3rd floor. I slept every night with my patio door open to hear the waves. The new furniture, flat screen, carpet, tiles, vanity, is all new and very comfortable and nice. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a lot of light. The staff is super friendly and the hotel is right on the ocean. The pool is amazing and that they kept it heated. The lobby is new, they have free Wi-Fi and free parking. Breakfast is also included with the typical sausage patties, fresh fruit, egg patties, yogurt, and assorted simple things. Not bad for free. I know some people were annoyed by the construction but they never started that early or worked till late. The improvements are worth the noise if you ask me. The look to be finished soon, maybe by mid-July. The one thing they can’t change.. the halls and the bathrooms have 7-foot tall ceilings and there is nothing they can do about that from making the hotel look a bit dated with low ceilings. Not a big deal as I am not very tall but noticeable.
The only reason I did not rate the hotel better was the maid service. I was working while at the hotel. I left every morning at 8am and when I returned at 4pm my room was not clean. I had to call every day to have a housekeeper come. When they came I would step out of the room. They did the least amount needed. I even gave one a $5 tip one day and to return to a messy made bed and the carpet not vacuumed. They take the trash out and put new towels up. I would bring wipes for everything if you stay here and I have never thought about that at another hotel. Everything was new but the maids still treat it like its old. If they don’t care for the new stuff, it will age fast and get gross.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy private access to the beach for breathtaking sunrises over the Atlantic Ocean. We also offer the largest swimming pool on the beach, a 120-foot heated pool and hot whirlpool grotto, featuring four waterfalls cascading from sculptured rock formations. Unwind in one of our spacious guest rooms and find everything you need for a comfortable stay. Surf the web with free high-speed internet access and enjoy a restful sleep in the clean and fresh Hampton bed®. For extra space and a touch of luxury, step up to one of the hotel's stylish suites, offering upgraded amenities such as a spacious work area with ergonomic desk chair. Catch up with work in the hotel’s fully equipped business center or make the most of your leisure time with a workout in the fitness center. The hotel offers a free hot breakfast buffet, Relax at the Tides Bar while enjoying one of your favorite libations or purchase lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Oceanfront Hotel Jacksonville Beach
- Comfort Inn Jacksonville Beach
- Jacksonville Beach Comfort Inn