“If a NEGATIVE SCORE was possible....”
Review of Bukket's Oceanfront Grill - CLOSED

Bukket's Oceanfront Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
winter garden, FL
“If a NEGATIVE SCORE was possible....”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Worst place i've been to in my ENTIRE life! Filthy, Hole-In-The-Wall DUMP with a FANTASTIC location right on the beach. Took 1.5 hours to get our food (an NO- it was not busy). Open kitchen with health hazzards in every place... i just wish i'd have seen this first and I would NEVER have eaten here. Everything fried in old oil., cooks used the same gloves to take out the trash as they did to handle raw food, filth in every crevice of the kitchen, raw fish and chicken sitting out. YOU WILL GET SICK EATHING HERE. We asked to talk to the manager and were told by the server,.... "oh no, you wont want to talk to Nicole". LOL! Beyond belief, we were cracking up the whole time it was THAT bad!

• Visited July 2012

“Waste of Time”
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

While visiting Jacksonville Beach from Jacksonville one day, as I was on the beach, it neared lunchtime and I checked Trip Advisor for lunch suggestions. The closest restaurant to me, Bukkets, had overall good reviews, and was within a few minutes walkin distance.

Upon walking in, the sign says to seat yourself, so I found a nice table on the patio, in some shade. I sat...and sat...and sat, while the two tables behind me were services by one waitress, and a table a few spots up was serviced by another. After a lengthy 15 minutes, in which time I had already heard the drink specials a few times from other tables, and decided what I would like to order...I left, and still was not spoken to by a single member of the staff. I understand that as a beachfront eatery the atmosphere is typically a little more relaxed...but to the point of total disregard for a patron?

I found my way out the door, and around the corner to Blue Water Island Grill...where they had an awesome margarita drink special, and two $5 lunch specials to choose from. The wait staff was pleasant and attentive, and the atmosphere is just as relaxed as Bukkets.

I am highly recommending Blue Water.

Gainesville, Florida
“Late night eating so-so, but a fun, laid-back place”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This place was next door to our hotel so we visited it on a Friday night. It wasn't very late (maybe 9:30pm) but they only had a late night menu available. This included appetizer/bar food stuff like wings, fried calamari, cheese sticks, etc. We sat outside and I'm sure this area is fun during the day when many folks are on the boardwalk area and going to the beach. We ordered wings and calamari and both were good, but nothing fantastic. The beer was cheap and cold. The inside had pool tables and a big bar area. I would have liked to have been able to enjoy the regular menu since many on TA say that the food is very good. I would visit again if I were wanting to enjoy a very laid-back and casual place to hang out.

• Visited June 2012
Greensboro, Ga.
“Great food.”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Great food and great people. Good prices too. Easy to get to on the boardwalk.

Visited June 2012
Gainesville, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good burgers, cheap cocktails, neat atmosphere.”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I were on our first visit to Jacksonville and wanted a neat local place to eat lunch. We were walking around the tourist district at the beach and came across Bukket's.

It looks like a standard beach resturant. kinda weathered and worn, which gives it a neat beach look. the bathroom was very clean whice told me the weathered look is just that, a "look". we ordered the 1/3 pound burgers with fries and onion rings. They were cooked there and tasted great. They had a $2.00 mimosa deal going on so we each had one, they were small but worth the $2.00. overall we spent $25.00 after tip for two burgers, fries, onion rings, a Sprite, and two Mimosa's. good deal. The only CON would have been that the waistress failed to bring the water I asked for with my drink order. overall though very good.

Visited May 2012