“Don't be deceived!!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
St. Augustine, Florida
“Don't be deceived!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

The salad bar looked wonderful. I have eaten at Jason's Southside location and quit going there due to lack of food quality...soup with undercooked rice, dumb yet important details...so my friend was given the choice between Jason's and a Greek place nearby and she picked Jason's.

We both had the salad bar, but she had half a tuna sandwich and I had a bowl of chicken chili. Both items were good-excellent taste and the salad tasted fine. They have a nice assortment of lettuces and veggies as well as organic flatbreads that were delicious. Our salads tasted fine and after dinner we kept on shopping.

About an hour after we ate I felt a volcano starting in my lower stomach. I lie on the couch hoping this feeling would pass, but I ended up sick for several hours-explosive diarrhea sick-not fun! Will NOT be returning to Jason's EVER!!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank greyhound515

St. Augustine, Florida
“Great Salad Bar - Good Soups, too!”
Reviewed December 14, 2011

We have several doctors in Jacksonville Beach that we go to so we are in that area about once a month. We usually stop at Jason's Deli for lunch. The food is good but I rarely get the sandwiches but the ones I've had were very good. I mostly get the Salad Bar - I expecially like that the salad bar fixings are always fresh and of better quality than most salad bars. For example, they always have real (not canned) Kalamanta Olives and green olives. The lettuce isn't swimming in water and the tiny beets are really nice. There is always fresh Hummus and the big bowl of toasted, seasoned baguettes are really nice. There's even real bacon bits - not the fake ones. The soups are good. Maybe not the best I've ever had but they are pretty tasty. The only complaint that keeps this from being a 5 star is the prices. Last time we went, two salad bar's and 2 drinks (no soup this time) came to over $20 which I think is a bit excessive, even if the salad bar is fantastic. Lets face it - I only eat one bowl of salad and most of it's lettuce. Although I really like this place, we probably won't go as often - limited budget is limiting our ability to pay so much for lunch! I almost gave this a 3 rating instead of a 4 but I won't let the price influence my review of the food, so a 4 it is!

• Visited December 2011
Austin, TX
“Better than homemade stew”
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We stumbled across Jason's Deli. We have one in Round Rock, Texas so were were only going to get a refreshing drink. We saw the stew advertised and tried it. Wow delicious. Can't wait to find out if Texas has the same. The weather was cool so the stew was worth it. The deli has a great salad bar and many other food choices. Tried the pumpkin coffee cake with a cup of coffee. The cake was very moist and seasoned just right.

Visited October 2011
Daytona Beach Florida
“UH OH PASTRAMI...NO”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Having been to the location at least 10 times in the past 3 months, I was looking forward to the PASTRAMI on rye deli sandwich. I brought clients with me.BIG MISTAKE. The sandwich was nothing but SHREDDED FAT... the other 'deli' style sandwiches were not any better.BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. A 'manager' came over and said ..'That's how the sandwich is"When I replied, 'all fat? and shredded?" she said, " YES"!... and that's the story of UH OH PASTRAMI NO....
ps I went back three days ago. I ordered the pastrami...and YEP. Shredded FAT was served on the rye as a PASTRAMI sandwich.Thus the review...Save the money. Have a salad!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank shop4u18
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious healthy food at a GREAT price”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My family and I love this restaurant! We discovered it several months ago at the recommendation of a friend and now visit at least once every two weeks, if not more often. The salad bar is chocked full of delicious greens, fruits, veggies, dressings, etc., but also boasts a hearty selection of pasta salads, fruit salads, macaroni salads... enough to fill anyone up! To top it off, there is FREE SOFT SERVE ICE CREAM for all of us, regardless of what we order. The staff is friendly and there is no server to tip... it is cafeteria style. I highly recommend Jason's Deli.

1 Thank Tiger1695