Holiday Inn Express
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
Fairfield Inn
$152
$139
$209
Best Western Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$145
BestWestern.com
$139
$125
$195
$189
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$181
$161
One Ocean Resort & Spa(Atlantic Beach)
$210
Hotels.com
  • Pool
$81
$63
All reviewsmayo clinicbunk bedsseparate tubglass showerfront deskkids suitepancake machinebeach blvdhalf milegreat hotelthe breakfast areawalk in showerdecent breakfastvisit familygreat staffvery clean hotelrooms are spacious
Reviewed June 14, 2009

I want to say I traveled all the way from Atlanta to experience the great huge new modern rooms , with HD Plasma televisions, great bathrooms , OMG and the best beds and pillows to ever lay your head on! Dee and Faith were the best representatives a company could ever have, they met our every need from shuttles to and from the beach , to making sure every thing we needed we recieved , and guess what ? They actually were so friendly but yet professional, If my husband and my kids did'nt have to be back I would have stayed a week , I felt like I was royalty, Please meet and ask for DEE and FAITH, please go and stay at a fantastic hotel and a great beach!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ge0rgiaprincess
Reviewed June 1, 2009

I am responding to one guest's review about how the hotel is in a bad neighborhood. I have lived @ the beach for over 20 years and this hotel is located near restaurants, bars, grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations and pharmacies. It is right off of Beach Blvd which is approx. 8-10 blocks to the beach...not 3 miles! You do have to cross a pretty busy intersection to get to the beach however it is in a perfectly good neighborhood. I wanted to correct the mistakes a previous traveler had made.

• Stayed: June 2009
1  Thank Momonthego08
Reviewed May 19, 2009

We come to Jacksonville every few months for medical follow-up at the Mayo Clinic, and this location is convenient to the clinic (if you have a car), with plenty of dining choices nearby. The hotel and rooms are always clean, and the entire staff is always polite, friendly, and helpful. This is the 3rd or 4th time we've stayed at this H. I. Express, and we have yet to be disappointed by any aspect of their service. The hotel is fairly new, so the rooms we've stayed in all had: a plasma tv; a DVD player; refrig & microwave; modern/attractive plumbing fixtures & furnishings; iPod docks w/alarm clock; VERY comfy beds; excellent wired AND wireless internet access. Also each floor has card-only access, so only hotel guests can come up in the elevators. There are coin-operated laundry machines onsite, two guest computers with printer on the first floor, and free parking. If you are traveling with your dog, there is a small neighborhood park a block behind the hotel, for decent walks (be sure to bring your own pick-up bags as there are no clean-up stations around the hotel or park). The location is on a somewhat busy shopping center street, so no scenic views from any rooms, but the beach is only a 2-3 minute drive away.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EfromATL
Reviewed May 1, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Jacksonville Beach, FL for one weekend in April, 2009. The hotel is really beautiful (especially for the price! We paid only $133 per night w/ AAA discount). Flat screen TV in bedroom, separate shower and tub in bathroom. I also liked the pool. It was a perfect temperature with real wood deck chairs and umbrellas. One more good point: It was just down Beach Blvd. (short drive) from a really fun water and amusement park. We went and enjoyed playing miniature golf, riding go-karts and other activities.

I only have two negative points. One, the hotel is about 3/4 mile from the beach (along the main street of Beach Blvd.). There's a side walk all the way to the beach and the hotel has a shuttle upon request, but it's not a convenient walk. We had some problems finding parking at the beach when we tried to drive (although we eventually always found a space). Second, the hotel staff seemed very young and inexperienced. The maids came to our room the first morning and I asked them to return later (we were still in bed). The maid (who didn't speak English very well) indicated that she could not come back later - it was either now or never (so we let her in).

Overall, I thought it was a really nice hotel. Great for the price. I disagree with some of the other reviews that say it's in a "bad neighborhood." It's not Beverly Hills, but it's a perfectly fine neighborhood. I went jogging around the hotel and it's surrounded by many streets of residential housing with families and kids.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2009

My daughter and I had been driving much of the day with stops at beaches. We arrived late in Jacksonville. Didn't have a reservation; wasn't sure where to stay. We spotted the Holiday Inn Express. We were greeted warmly like awaited guests. The room was fabulous! The non-smoking room was clean and didn't have any odors left over from sneaky smokers. The prints of Jacksonville on the wall were classy. The room had everything a tired traveler needs; microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, smart bedding. The embroidered pillowcases identified the soft and firm pillows! We were close enough to walk to the beach and enjoy the night sky and nightlife. And the breakfast? Delicious cheese omelettes, tasty coffee, fresh fruit. Didn't want to leave. Wonderful place. Enjoy!

• Stayed: April 2009