“Fantastic!!! Great room, great location, great staff!! Literally steps to the beach!”

Best Western Oceanfront
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I travel to Jax 3 times a year for Mayo clinic. We came early for a day at the beach. We had an oceanfront King with balcony. This place is TOP NOTCH!! Great room bed was wonderful! Very nice modern and updated! We will definatley be back!! Don't pass this one up folks, it's a keeper!

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews that said it needed renovating I was very surprised when I walked into a completely modernized room. Our room had granite tops in bathroom, shower with solid surface walls, nice adjustable shower head and the curtain rod that curves out giving you more room. We were in a standard king with jacuzzi and city view. The Jacuzzi was great the room had a flat screen TV mounted to the walk. Dressers and night stands were topped some very porous material that stains easily but was definitely cleaned. The bed was comfortable.

I thought it was a great value, location was awesome near the pier and lots of food choices. I would stay there again and recommend it to my friends. Enjoy :)

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank EzDoesItTLC
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I read the mixed reviews before booking, so was not certain what to expect. My husband and I spent two nights and were very satisfied. We had a third floor oceanfront room with a king bed. The room was very clean. It had a microwave and a coffee maker, and I believe a small fridge. The bathroom was well stocked with toiletries and towels. The bed was comfortable, nice tv and desk. The sofa was a bit worn out, but otherwise, everything looked well kept. I absolutely fell in love with the balcony and the view. I spent most of the time in the motel on the balcony. The view is fantastic. There were two chairs and a small table to sit at, We had no problems at all during out stay. There was ample parking and the motel is secure. The desk staff was very nice as well. We didn't eat the breakfast, as there were no scrambled eggs or meats, but if you like "continental", this is for you. There was always fresh coffee as well. I also enjoyed the fact that the boardwalk was right outside and that shops and restaurants are well within walking distance. Our room was very quiet. I didn't hear a sound from outside or inside during our stay. Highly recommend trying this one out!

Room Tip: If you want a stellar view, get the third floor oceanfront. I don't think the view would be as...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

It was a pleasure to serve you and thank you very much for writing in with your feedback. We are glad you liked the room and would love to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

But lets get real. For a sick amount of money compared to the Quality inn next door it's a good deal. I wish someone had given me this advice when I booked it.,..pool is dirty, spiders in room, King size bed so soft even Penelope couldn't find her pea! Yet, everyone that is right about one thing is that all the front desk people...should be running this place and making bank because the owner/manager bit the big one at maintaining this place!

Room Tip: Pay a few a bucks more and go to the Quality Suites if you want quasi four star hotel experience
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Please accept our sincerest concern and apology for the discomfort caused during your stay with us. We are indeed disappointed to have failed in meeting your expectations. At Best Western, we take customer feedback positively, and strive to better our service and facilities. We hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed at the Best Western Oceanfront Jacksonville, FL 7-8 August 2012. It is what you expect from most of this chain. Everyone’s bed was comfy, had two rooms. The two sitting chairs were a bit stained, I would not have sat in them, but they were good for the small bags we had. The room appeared to be clean but needs some updating. There was a coffee pot bag left in the top of the coffee pot that had gotten moldy, so my mother had to get her coffee down stairs. I let the front desk know upon checkout, the young lady made a note of it. The price was good and we only stayed one night. I was going to stay here or St Augustine but after reading the reviews about Best Western in St Augustine being across the street from the beach, not good parking and small dining area I chose this one. Well comparing photos on line I would have to say the dining area in the JAX Best Western is probably smaller. But the parking is good and it is on the beach with the board walk out the back door. I got the rooms at a good price also. Another reason I was glad I choose this area was I am a more modern beach lover and use to the beach atmospheres of VA, NC, SC and NJ. St Augustine was to close, slow and historical for me and my family. The girl at the front desk was helpful when asked about restaurants. We ate at the Blue Water and it was a nice choice. For breakfast at the hotel, waffles were the only hot food on the breakfast bar, but we are not big eaters, so it worked for us. Fruits, yogurt, cereals, breads, danish, bagels, not sure if I saw hard boiled eggs or not. If in area, might try it again with an Oceanfront view.

Room Tip: Go for the Ocean View. Our City View was the building next door which was close that I could see th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank msworldadventure
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We, as a priority, take customer service and comfort as the single largest success of our business. We will discuss your experience with our housekeeping staff so they don’t make such mistakes in the future. We are presently in the process of upgrading our room interiors and amenities and we hope to see you in the future, possibly in a room with a oceanfront view!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. It was a family trip and the main reason for choosing this hotel was because of the proximity to the beach . The room was clean and big enough for our family of four.We like the balcony facing the beach too. The pool area is very small and almost on the parking lot and the eating area( breakfast is included) only has 3 tables, so you have to be very lucky to get a table right away! The hotel staff is also not very friendly . But overall I have to say we have a nice stay at this hotel and we will come back.

• Stayed: August 2012
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and thanks for your valuable feedback. At Best Western Oceanfront, we strongly believe that customer satisfaction is at the very core of our business. We regret any lapse and will review our procedures. We hope you would give us another chance to serve you in future.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The staff was very friendly and willing to do anything and everything for me. Jaime the general manager is very very good at customer service and making her guests comfortable. Maribel cleaned my roon and was very thourough and friendly. I really enjoyed

my time there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
hotelgm99, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

It was wonderful to have you stay with us and thanks very much for your appreciative feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Best Western Oceanfront? Share your experiences!