“Beachfront Views”

Best Western Oceanfront
Columbus, Ohio
“Beachfront Views”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I'll start by saying that we enjoyed our stay here and felt the hotel was appropriately priced for the facility (and priced lower than most oceanfront hotels). The staff at the hotel was the best part and, to a person, they all were as helpful and pleasant as could as you could ask. The facility itself was a bit older and the room was a little small and dark. They could stand to lighten up the rooms. The HVAC is in-room, so that's always a little noisy and, the units vented out onto the balcony, so the noise from the unit masked the sound of the ocean when you were on the balcony. View of the ocean was great though and the beach itself was fantastic (huge, wide, clean and uncrowded). The hotel is well situated near shopping and restaurants, though most of the restaurants leaned more toward the party scene - beach party! The hotel was located in between downtown Jacksonville and St. Augustine, about a half hour drive from each. I recommend both of those places, Jacksonville for more upscale dinning and drinking and the Gator Bowl and St. Augustine for wonderful visit to one the most historic places in the country. Over-all, we had a pleasant stay, though I wouldn't rave about the facilities. A nice stay for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms all have a balcony overlooking the ocean and are away from the streetside where th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HikeOnColumbus
Jax_Bch25, Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We want to take this time to thank you for your remarks about our hotel and to assure you that we take each comment seriously and thrive to improve our property based on your feedback. Hope to see you again if you are in Jacksonville Beach!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed here for business was not disappointed! i loved every moment. great staff, area, and Room!! Can't wait to comeback

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrea M
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review!
Daytona Beach
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed at the BW for some mid winter R&R and I have to say it was just what I needed! I had an oceanfront room with a jacuzzi (which you HAVE to get if you can afford it) and the view of the ocean and the sunrise was amazing. The front-desk staff was super friendly and cheerful as well. My room was really neat and modern (like a little apartment), and while my bed was a little soft for my taste it was still fine. The breakfast was no frills but included waffles, bagels, and hard boiled eggs and did the job. A hint though: get to breakfast early because the breakfast area is TINY and my first morning there it was a little hard to get around everyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
We appreciate your business and Thank You so much for taking the time to post a great review for our hotel! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.
Glasgow - Scotland uk
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Sorry guys made a mistake and put your review on Best Western web site, silly me!
Right down to business - I stayed at this hotel from 16/10/11 till 23/11/11, and was not looking forward to such a long trip away from my family and friends. As soon as I got to your hotel and met Susan, a most vibrant and friendly person, straight away I was made feel really welcome. The staff always made me feel that I could approach then at any time for assistance. The House keeping was brillant, my room cleaned every day with fresh towels.
I had one problem in my room patio door was stiff to open - this was dealt with promptly and fixed on the day that I reported it.
I have stayed in hotels all over the world in the last 30 years and I can truthfully say your hotel is in the top 10 and the reason for this is your - staff they love their jobs and cant do enough to help your customers which makes the stay perfect and exciting.
Your manager Jamie, gels with the staff, you all work as a team which creates a happy working enviroment and she should be commended by your management.

Thank you for a most wonderful stay I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
We are so honored to have you all here and very happy you all are coming back!! Thanks for the great review and we look forward to see you again very soon!
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stayed at oceanfront for 40 days. The team and I had a wonderful stay and returning from work each day, we always had a cheery reception from the staff. Home made cookies were a treat, though I'm sure my waistline doesn't agree. Overall, it was a home from from home for us and would definitely stay here for future visits with the team and would have no reservations at all of bringing my family out here and staying at this hotel. Many thanx oceanfront, to all the staff.

• Stayed November 2011
Jax_Bch25, Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful comments! We are all so glad that you all enjoyed your stay. We enjoyed having you and your team here and hope you come back soon!
Manchester, UK
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Whilst touring Florida we ended up booking a night here, mainly because the hotel was convenient from a stopping viewpoint. From things I'd read, I sort of expected Jax Beach to be slightly run-down, so we approached with low expectations. Wow!! Were we wrong. This is a lovely, modern hotel and the area is nice. The staff greeted us friendlily and the room was large, modern, comfortable - everything you could hope for. Breakfast was adequate and, after contemplating FionnMcCools and the Pier, which are both on the doorstep, we chose to walk the couple of hundred yards to the Crab Shack - a great place to eat, with good food, a great atmosphere and a waiter who actually explained things to you (pretty unusual these days!). I'm not sure I understand any of previous reviewers concerns about security - we certainly saw or heard nothing to suggest this was an issue. All-in-all, I would be happy to recommend the Oceanfront to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank loseapoint
Jax_Bch25, Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Just a short note to thank you for the great review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and the local restaurants!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The hotel was perfect. The location and staff were outstanding. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Jax_Bch25, Manager at Best Western Oceanfront, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write us a great review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach

Been to Best Western Oceanfront? Share your experiences!