“Waitress was excellent, food was good”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
“Waitress was excellent, food was good”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hostess seemed inconvenienced to have to seat us. Waitress was very good. Waiters and waitresses were very entertaining. Atmoshpere was pleasant. We didn't have crab during this visit but the food was good. Parking was ample and easy.

1 Thank BDgolfer

Atlanta, Georgia
“Not bad but other options are better”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Overall ok for chain seafood. I had the seafood pot pie. It came with a lobster claw sticking out of it which was obviously previously frozen and a little fishy. Mason jar margarita allows you to keep the glass. Fish and chips made with pollock and had a good crispy batter. Cobbler a good choice for dessert.

1 Thank Thedadeo
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Good Sea food”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

we went for a family dinner.
The entrees were excellent with coconut shrimp, fried shrimp and crab stuffed shrimp.
The clam chowder was very tasty.
Service is prompt and the atmosphere very lively.
I loved the big shark.
Ann evening well spent.

• Visited December 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
“Joe's a joke”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Seated right away but we had to wait over an hour just to get a server. Empty tables everywhere but no server? Asked for two sides of hushpuppies as an appetizer during the wait from a lady seating customers since we didn't have a server. After 30 minutes I had to find her to ask where the hushpuppies were and I was given a dirty look from this person as if I had no right to speak to her. 20 minutes later I asked her again what was going on with our order and she said she was working on it. 15 minutes later we received ONE order of almost burnt hushpuppies and this lady proceeded to tell me even though I had asked her for two orders over an hour ago, we only ordered one when we placed our food order when we finally saw a server.a couple of minutes earlier. I told her that the one side order was in addition to the two I had asked for earlier and why didn't she bother asking us if she had a question. She said she spoke with our server and that was good enough. Long story short, it took us almost 2 hours to get our orders placed and to receive our food. I wanted to leave several times during our wait but the others didn't want to cause a scene by leaving.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Gimcracker
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Tasty food, loud festive atmosphere”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The steamer pot (KT steamer I think) was very good. Portions were decent and its price was 28$ The southern stuffed shrimp was good but not great and only 17$ or so. We are biased as my husband was a sous chef at a high end restaurant while attending college. He can prepare seafood extremely we'll at a fraction of the price so we always expect a lot. The food was good and we had a nice time. The staff are friendly and I think they are required to be exuberant. There was much dancing and clapping. Very loud. Not good for romance. Beer prices were excellent.

1 Thank ArmyLori