“Yummy seafood!”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Yummy seafood!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I make it a point to stop in at Joe's in Jacksonville whenever we are near. We've even been known to make the 2 hour drive to the one in Savannah when we have the craving for delicious steamed seafood! Unfortunately, our last trip to the one in Jax (we drove 40 miles from our vacation house in St. Augustine) was probably one of our worst experiences. We got there and were told we would have to wait for about 30 minutes. I was a bit confused about that because there were only 6-7 parties waiting and 18 tables EMPTY! I asked the hostess and she simply said the section was closed. I asked the Manager and he said that he didn't have enough wait staff to cover the tables and that we could sit there, but there was no one to serve us there. He explained that Monday nights were typically "not this busy" and was borderline rude. He stated all his servers already had 5-6 tables. I think he realized he came across as unfriendly, because he later came up and spoke with me again, much nicer this time, and apologized about our wait. Before and while in college, I worked at several restuarants. Were I the manager in this situation, I would have been on the phone begging servers to come in and offering incentives to get them there. I would have assigned one more table per server to cover the wait. I will give him this, he was hustling to get tables cleared and move things along.

Normally, I would not wait under these circumstances, but my husband and I had bragged so much about the great seafood at Joe's to my father and my aunt, who had flown in from Ohio, that we wanted them to eat there. So... we waited.

The saving grace of this visit was that our server was great. She mostly on top of things and the food, as usual, was DELICIOUS! Also, we sat outside on the deck overlooking the ocean and it was beautiful!

I would definitely recommend Joe's to anyone who gets the chance to dine there.

Gainesville, Florida
“Took over an hour to get food on a non-busy day”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We came with my in-laws to celebrate the beginning of my new job. Very disappointing. Our food must have sat in the window for 15 minutes while our server was dancing around. It came to us over an hour after we ordered and watched people who came in 20 minutes after us get served. Ice cold, and my side was incorrect. Sent them back. Manager prepared the meals for us. Came out 20 minutes later piping hot, but my side was still wrong. My sandwich wasn't awful, but wasn't great either. The server never refilled my tea. I had to ask her twice. I would not go back. This is my second time going and my second time being disappointed.

“Best place ever!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I visit this place several times a year. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is great. You will definately leave here with a smile.

• Visited May 2013
“The restaurant was great.”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The food there is great, and there is an excellent view. The only thing that is bad is that the restaurant is dirty.

Abbeville, Georgia
“Fun Fun”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I alway's enjoy eating here. I love the atmosphere. The food is served hot and always taste fresh. The wait staff are friendly and I like to watch them dance. It is not a complete trip to JAX without a stop here. It is a fun place directly on the beach. They do not take reservations but you can Call ahead and have them go ahead and put you on the wait list !!