“Overpriced but you pay for the experience.”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We arrived around 5 on a Friday an d we had to wait more than an hour to be seated outside with a beach view. We took the artichoke dip and the ma hi ma hi sandwich. The dip was OK and the sandwich was really good. My husband asked for a dark beer and the server brought a light beer for him. It was not really good but he took it anyway. The view was so nice. The restaurant is really overpriced but the view is really nice. You have to judge if you want to pay for the view or not.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We moved to Florida from Maryland and miss getting our crabs from the Eastern Shore. A few years ago, we decided to visit Joe's for dinner. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. The steam pots taste great and are a good value for the money. We hadn't had time to visit Joe's until recently and as soon as we arrived we noticed that things looked different inside. I asked what happened and they said that they were bought out by a corporation and they thought the place looked cluttered inside. They took down most of the decorations which made Joe's the great place it was. Don't get me wrong, the food is still great, the experience isn't as good.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We started our visit to Jacksonville Beach at Joe's. I worked in a restaurant for 16 years so I am usually very understanding when I dine out. It was a rainy day so they weren't seating on the deck but the music inside was so ridiculously loud we couldn't hear each other so we asked to eat at the outside bar. This worked out fine until the staff dancers cranked the music outside and came to do their thing. Oh well, it's part of their job so we put up with it. The Rum Runner was weak but that was fine too. Unfortunately we were sitting at the bar and had to track down the bartender to get water and another drink. The bisque arrived barely tepid - I love bisque but couldn't do it. The crab pot was good - flavorful and bountiful, as it should be for what you pay. It was too bad the servers were more distracted with their chores than with keeping up with the customers’ needs. After the food arrived our server/bartender disappeared again for 30 minutes. When he did show up to clear away our dishes & drop the check, he didn't ask if we needed anything else or even notice we barely touched the bisque …just dropped the check. Very disappointing. This was our second trip to this restaurant and we will not return.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I didn't realize that the familiar name was due to it being part of a chain, I thought this was THE Joes Crab Shack but the plastic menus were a giveaway. But it was July 3rd and I was on beach and ready for Fla. sea food. The holiday could explain the frantic nature of the crowd, The local IPA and shrimp basket with onion strings (not rings) which I ate at the bar was acceptable in quality and quantity, In spite of the loud and hectic diners the bar staff was attentive and friendly, Everyone seemed to be having a grand and loud time in the beach bar manner but I did take a hasty retreat when finished.It was not as expected but did fill the bill as a Fla sea food meal.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had a great meal here. The atmosphere at all the Joe's Crab Shacks are always fun, but this one seems to have more excitement from the servers. The service here was good, but the meals were extremely slow to come out (unusual for this chain, so it probably had a good reason) and when one of our plates came out, it barely had any food on it. We compared it to the meal we had had at the Orlando Joe's a few days prior and mentioned to the server that there was very little food on this plate for 30+ dollars. The server quickly took care of the problem and brought him the proper amount of food. We had a great meal here and were entertained wonderfully.