“An amazing experience, quality seafood with Atlantic breez!!!!”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is at the beach , very nice and friendly ambiance , specially if you sit out side.
Unique Atlantic ocean view , breez and wave's sound makes it an amazing dining experience.
The food is good , staff and management are very friendly and caring.
that's a MUST place to be when you visit Jacksonville.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Our usual dinner stop was closed for renovation, so we thought we'd give it try. Road construction really had traffic screwed up and it was off-season, so we had no wait. I had lobster bisque and one of their new grilled entrees and my wife did her usual 2 appetizers (this time clam chowder and steamed shrimp). Food was good, service was fine, though not outstanding, and the prices were reasonable. Even had an impromptu floor show when the music played a song that got several of the waiters dancing. Would go back, but I'm not sure we would wait three hours to be seated, as we hear sometimes happens in the summer.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Ordered a grilled Mahi Mahi and friend ordered ribs. They didn't have ribs. My mahi mahi was raw on the inside. My friend then ordered the same Maui Mahi.

Could hardly cut it. No knives at table. I return it. Server apologizes and 20 minutes later, the plate comes back with new fish but no potatoes. Server says they are coming soon. They never come.

My friend can't have any lactose. His arrives grilled but with butter all over it. He wipes off what he can and just eats it.

I had to ask for mine to be adjusted on bill and they then apologize and comp one of them. Server never returns to the table to say a thing.

Heavy heavy salt and overcooked broccoli. Need I continue?

I will never eat again at any Crab Shack.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great location with very average seafood. Go to Two Dudes in Atlantic Beach for great seafood. The service was just barely adequate. Definitely a tourist spot.

2  Thank nole38
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We sat in the bar area since we could be there during the entire 6 hours of the Air Show. Mike, Matt, and Taylor were amazing servicing everyone with attentive and enthusiastic attitudes!
The full menu was available, and many enjoyed the steamer pots. We started with the "peel and eat" shrimp, and later ordered The " Surf N' Turf" burger, and the "Blacked Wahoo" sandwich...all were excellent! Be sure the ask about their specialty margaritas!!! What a treat!!