“Sunday evening”

Billy's Boathouse Grill
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 16, 2014

First trip to Billy's, although I had been next door to Nippers many times. Billy's had a good menu, and the food was good. There was live music, as I'm told there usually is every Sunday. I think the only seating is outside, and on this day that was okay because the weather was comfortable. Prices were matched appropriately. The restrooms were small, only one person in the men's and women's, and both needed cleaning.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Billy's boathouse is on the intracoastal waterway.. It is casual wear ..it is awesome to pull up to in your boat , sit outside and have dinner .. They often have live entertainment..the food is good , and reasonably priced, and the atmosphere is fun ..it's really like a big boat house ...

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our group was in town on business, and Billy's was recommended as a great casual spot near the water. We went on a Wednesday night. There were people at the bar, but very few eating dinner. We were taken to a separate room, which was essentially a porch. The server attempted to turn on a fan, which did not work (thankfully, as it was very dust-covered). Our service was very sub-standard; when our food finally arrived after a significant delay, not everyone's meal was served. The food that arrived (burgers, mainly) was cold. I am a vegetarian, and had ordered a salad. I was asked if I wanted any chicken on it, and said no, just salad. My salad was not served, and when I asked about it, the waitress said that she would bring my grilled chicken salad shortly. I reminded her that I did not want any chicken, and about 15 minutes after everyone had been served, she brought my salad topped with chicken. At this point I refused it, and said that I no longer needed anything, as it was late and I was no longer hungry. She returned a minute later with a salad (a bowl of greens) and rudely said that I might as well take it as it was "comped."
The food we were served was, at best, mediocre, and the service, as stated, was poor. The restaurant itself (at least the room we were in) could have used a good cleaning. I cannot recommend Billy's Boathouse.

2  Thank GnnFlt
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Thursday night oysters and wings special is a good value. The view on the outside deck is very nice and the outside bar area often has decent entertainment. Nothing fancy at all, but usually good basic seafood.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Have eaten at Billy's numerous times and have not been disappointed. Food is good, not gourmet, but very good. Excellent burgers! Nice casual place, great water view and outside dining. Live music is often available and bar crowd usually friendly.

Try the grits. Billy has a special blend of his own and they are very good.