“Nice Little Weekend Getaway”

Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I gave a excellent rating based on our room. The 6 floor Executive Oceanfront Suite. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious with a nice long balcony. The breakfast buffet was excellent. Keep clean and neat. And the service was nice. Staff was friendly. The room was pricey but for a romantic relaxing weekend getaway it was nice. The hotel is in a seemingly quiet location. Surrounded mostly by residential/rental townhouses and apartments. We will be going back for another weekend getaway this year. I hope to have another positive review to write.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront

Reviewed October 12, 2010

What a great place to go and stay on the beach with the family!! We only had two days to spend there but had a wonderful time!! Great staff too!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I hate to say anything bad about any marriott and I try and be understanding if things don't always go right; but my extreme disappointment in this courtyard leaves me no choice. I agree with Floridagirl review that this place doesn't even try to manage. From the point of a Platinum Marriott member, this is my honest review, I don't expect to get upgraded all the time, although I usually do, I wouldn't expect an oceanfront; but not even a sliver oceanview. They gave me what I can surely say is their worse room. third floor room suposedly townview (NOT)- my balcony was equal to the roof of the main door overhang (you could probably climb it and into my room if you could get passed the huge palm tree blocking any light into my room and if I could see over that, the parking lot. The room was extremely dark and dreary; even my balcony was dark and dreary due to the foilage blocking it I travel extensively and have never been given the worse room in a hotel. I even told them if a decent room wasn't ready I would wait. No, that was my assigned room. I left the room as quickly as possible and took a walk on the beach. There seemed to be alot of oil and some sudzy matter floating in. ick. I'm not sure if always the case, but the red flag was up and the waves were huge. The pool is very nice, with a nice hot tub, but a bunch of little kids had taken it over as if it were there personal bathtub. I mentioned this to the staff, but nothing was done. I guess they don't care as the children seem to rule there. The pool bar is very nice, except they only offer four types of sandwiches, no salads. When I first checked in at 11ish, I saw people come in from what appeared to be the street and just sit down use the computers (set up near the front door) and leave again. It was quite obvious they weren't hotel guests. Its obvious that management isn't in tune to the comings and going of who belongs and who doesn't. Now to the worse part for this business traveler. In the afternoon when I did attempt to work, the internet was completely down. Wireless and wired. Management knew my frustration, yet again, but did nothing to soothe things over. Trust me I am so not a complainer, but I am a good customer of theirs and just expect more from a Marriott. (BTW, this was previously a Holiday Inn - maybe they kept that staff).
Funny thing, a few days prior to my arrival, just the other day, I get this nice email from the conceiger welcome me, their platinum member and even said they had a shuttle to take us to an irish pub. When I asked the front desk they said that was only in the summer. It was one demerit after another for me at this hotel. Although I was to stay for two nights, I only stayed one night and couldn't wait to leave.
Again, I saw a group of ladies sitting outside sharing some wine and I'm sure they will have an awesome time. So rather than blast this courtyard 100%, I just have to say, depending on what your venue is or what your level of expected service is it may work just fine for you.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
7  Thank trekker954
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I normally stay in Downtown Jacksonville for business - the issue with many of those hotels is safety and high cost.

At the suggestion of a co-worker, I stayed at the Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront.

Nice place, lovely setting right on the beach. Clean rooms, large, and with a modern decor. Friendly staff. Under $100/night with parking and wireless included. Leave early (by 6:15 AM) if you plan to commute into Jacksonville to avoid the rush hour.

If I had to criticize, the room towels are a little small in size and the hotel has a restaurant which means there is no complimentary breakfast provided.

Suggestion, pony up the extra $30 / night for a beach front room to get a balcony view of the sun and beach.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ALTravellor
Reviewed September 23, 2010

My wife and me were looking for a nice beach front hotel when we found this one online. The price seemed quite high but we really wanted a beach front hotel and after looking over some of the other hotels this one seemed best. Overall the hotel looked very nice from outside, when we got to our room we were amazed. The room overlooked the ocean and the pool, you could hear the surf from our room. We stay in alot of hotels, about an average of at least 1 hotel a month, this room was the best we have ever stayed in. The bed was simply awesome, we forgot to ask but was some type of memory foam. We only stayed one night but wished we could have stayed longer. The staff was friendly and helpful. We will go back again!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We arrived Sept. 1 and stayed through Labor Day, checking out Sept 6. We had a room by the pool, and we could see the beach. Since the hotel is on the beach, it is built to hurrican standards, so the doors and walls are thick. We never heard anyone next to us, or at the pool! The families at the pool were very hands on with their children. No one was unruly. The staff was very helpful and very responsive. The bathroom door squeaked and w-d40 was applied in less than 5 minutes! The breakfast special of $11 for 2 people was wonderful. Fresh omlets made to order,lots of fresh fruit,eggs,bacon, sausage, etc. Excellent value. The maintenance staff did an amazing job on keeping the grounds clean and neat. You had to have your room key to access the pool and to return from the beach. No one held gates open for those that were not guests. If you had a car to park, you were given a permit. We always had a place to park, usually by the front door.On Sat. and Sun. afternoon there was a guitar player at the pool playing acoustic and electric guitar. He was great. The beach was beautiful too. I was very impressed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Jax beach is so over priced I find it hard to believe locals stay around their! The property is shared with the Fairdfield across the street! No Parking to be found, Pool over full at all times!! To many kids not being supervised. During the day the parking lot is full of "beachgoers" not hotel guests. A VERY POORLY MISMANAGED HOTEL. NOT WHAT TO EXPECT FROM MARRIOTT!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank hawk1tdh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marrio...
#7 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!