“Beautiful location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Beautiful location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

The property is lovely. The lobby, the beach and pool area are attractive and clean. The front desk staff, however, were neither helpful or welcoming. We were celebrating our anniversary and our daughter called from Ohio to request a celebratory wine and snack tray as a surprise. She was told that our reservation was cancelled. Of course she called me and questioned this. I had not cancelled the reservation so I called. I spoke with Ashley who was curt and would only say that the reservation was called by phone by "someone". I requested that the reservation be restored and she said she didn't do thus and I should go back on line and make another reservation if a room was available. I obviously pushed back and requested a manager. She put me on hold and came back in 60 seconds and told me the reservation was restored. When we checked in I asked about the possibility of an upgrade (note-not complimentary ) and was told "we just don't do that-you need to do that on line." I heard other guests make requests which we're not received we'll by the staff. The staff in the pool, bar, and restaurant were great. Very accomodating and great food and beverages.

Room Tip: Ocean view would be worth the money
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Helenk19,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our hotel. It’s great to hear the positive comments regarding the wait staff and food, especially since we just opened the Courtyard Bistro at the end of April. I am sorry for the mix up of your reservation and how it was handled by the front desk staff. While I am not exactly sure what happened, I believe you may have booked with a 3rd party site. This may have been why our staff informed you they were unable to adjust your reservation. If you would like to contact me at the hotel I would be more than happy to investigate further.

Thank you for your business.
Sincerely, Alex Reitter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Vernon, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I added a few days to a work trip to stay at the beach. The hotel was right on the beach, the pool was clean and the staff at the pool bar was very friendly. The beach was beautiful and not crowded for the first official beach weekend. For the price of the room it would be nice if chairs for the beach were included. The room was clean and well maintained, the only drawback was the room was located right above the fire pit where people partied till late in the night so it was not a quite room.
The woman at the front concierge was very helpful and gave us a great suggestion for a seafood dinner that was not a chain restaurant. I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: rooms with ocean view, make sure you are not over the lobby area or the bar noise will eliminate a q...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great comments about the hotel. I apologize for the noise coming from the fire pit, we turn it off at 11pm nightly to avoid this. For future stays if it again is ever to loud, please contact the front desk so they investigate the situation.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you back in Sunny Jacksonville Beach.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Located right on the beach, the hotel was very well kept and the entire staff was very pleasant, courteous and professional. The pool was clean and the outdoor fire pit was a great place to sit in the evening. Great vacation - strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Lori, It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for the taking the time to leave such a great review about the hotel. We look forward to your next stay. Sincerely, Alex Reitter
Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is a very nice property on Jacksonville Beach. The rooms are clean and the staff very helpful. The breakfast option is worth doing, and can be cheaply added.
That said, Jacksonville beach is not close to being the nicest place in northern Florida. There are homeless folks wandering the beach, and though it is clean, it can be a bit unsettling.
There are much better vacation spots in Florida. This hotel makes the best of the situation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jfp21
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear jfp21,
I wanted to thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard Oceanfront. I know the city and lifeguards are always working hard to keep the image of Jacksonville Beach as a family friend location. At times we have had homeless wondering the beach and in this situation, we ask that you contact the front desk so we can reach out to the city to address the issue. Thank you for your business.
Sincerely, Alex
Marina Del Rey, California (Formerly Sydney Australia)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

What a great place. Right on the beach and a trip made all the more pleasurable by the friendly and fantastic service from Kim at the bar. Kim headlined a wonderful staff who made everything a blast. Highly recommend a visit.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank BennyEv
Dear BennyVe,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a wonderful review about the staff and hotel. I look forward to sharing your comments with Kim, she has been an excellent employee and really does an outstanding job. We have had the pleasure of having her work at the Courtyard since 2008. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you back in Jacksonville Beach.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

After traveling for many years, I still believe that only places that truly exemplify near perfection deserve a 5 star rating and that it should not be used all the time. That said - this place gets 4 stars. Excellent location, good accommodations and courteous, professional staff. All the staff we encountered during our 4 night stay were pleasant, attentive and professional.

We had an Executive suite on the 6th floor. It was large and comfortable. The drawback, that we believe should be taken care of - before - you arrive are the maintenance issues in the suite itself. Lights out, loose faucet handles in the shower and at the sink, extremely hard to open shower doors, loud squeaky door hinges on the bathroom door etc...

When you have multiple maintenance techs onsite, which is the case at this place, it should be easy to check and repair items, after a guest checks out and another one comes in after 4pm.

A few places to eat are within walking distance, though the better ones you will need a car.

Though the parking is small, we were able to find a spot each night - if you return from going out before 8pm. You may have to park across the street if later than that time. The pool is large and has a nice jacuzzi as well. Lots of loungers are available with chairs and tables too. If the evening is dry, they light an open pit fire in a large siting area on the outside back deck too.
A large Tiki bar with plenty of seating and great bartenders to boot.

This Courtyard provides most everything you would need to enjoy your stay with your family or as a couple. Happy travels to you.

Room Tip: High floor executive suite
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sea4metoo
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Sea4metoo
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave a review about the hotel. Its great to hear the positive comments and I apologizes regarding the items we fell short on. I will be bring these observations to our maintenance team to see what can be corrected immediately.
We look forward to your future visit which will strive to receive a 5 star rating.
Thank you for your business.
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed here for a business meeting and found this hotel to be GREAT.

Surprisingly, the front desk attendant was very accommodating and put me on the ocean view side which was WONDERFUL. What a great view! Much appreciated! It's worth asking!

The hotel is a Courtyard, so there is no lunch which for a location like this, I feel they are missing out on something. (must be a "Courtyard" thing. The first day my colleagues grabbed something from the pantry. The next day since we were there for a meeting, they had a nice lunch setup of soup, sandwiches and desserts and it was so good! That's why I think they are missing out on something, With the tables inside and outside facing the ocean, the nice pool setup, it seems they could do a nice lunch business as there's nowhere in the area that has lunch.

Arlene was the meeting coordinator and was excellent. She checked in on us prior, and quickly dealt with some last minute needs we had.

Another big plus. I got up one morning and went out for a walk on the beach. NOT thinking that housekeeping would be by so early, which they WERE. Too early, in my opinion, I hadn't even showered yet, so the room was not necessarily needing cleaned yet. When I returned, she was next door, and had already been in my room. Yikes, my jewelry, purse, Ipad etc. were all out. Yes my mistake, normally I would tuck all that away or put in the safe, but no worries, nothing disturbed, so appreciated the honesty.

There are restaurants within walking distance (but nothing on the water within decent walking distance). Lots of restaurants a couple miles away, lots of choices.

I had to park at the Fairfield after returning from dinner one night, but it is just across the street and no further than many hotels own parking lots.....so don't know why people find this so offensive. It's not like you're walking thru snow or a dark scary alley! ;)

This is a fun area, and nice hotel. Hope to be back.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view, it's GREAT
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank StPaulygal
Alex R, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear StPaulygal,
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our hotel and staff. Arlene has been the Direct or sales for over 5 years at the Courtyard and does a phenomenal job. I can’t wait to share your comments with her. I do apologies for the housekeeping staff entering your room a bit early, generally they start with rooms that have checked out that morning vs occupied. We look forward to your future visit and thank you for your business.
Sincerely, Alex Reitter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,414 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marrio...
#7 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!