After traveling for many years, I still believe that only places that truly exemplify near perfection deserve a 5 star rating and that it should not be used all the time. That said - this place gets 4 stars. Excellent location, good accommodations and courteous, professional staff. All the staff we encountered during our 4 night stay were pleasant, attentive and professional.
We had an Executive suite on the 6th floor. It was large and comfortable. The drawback, that we believe should be taken care of - before - you arrive are the maintenance issues in the suite itself. Lights out, loose faucet handles in the shower and at the sink, extremely hard to open shower doors, loud squeaky door hinges on the bathroom door etc...
When you have multiple maintenance techs onsite, which is the case at this place, it should be easy to check and repair items, after a guest checks out and another one comes in after 4pm.
A few places to eat are within walking distance, though the better ones you will need a car.
Though the parking is small, we were able to find a spot each night - if you return from going out before 8pm. You may have to park across the street if later than that time. The pool is large and has a nice jacuzzi as well. Lots of loungers are available with chairs and tables too. If the evening is dry, they light an open pit fire in a large siting area on the outside back deck too.
A large Tiki bar with plenty of seating and great bartenders to boot.
This Courtyard provides most everything you would need to enjoy your stay with your family or as a couple. Happy travels to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront offers spacious and comfortable guest rooms for you to enjoy, along with the many amenities and proximity to Jacksonville Beach attractions. Our Jacksonville Beach hotel's location is just a half hour from downtown Jacksonville and minutes from some of the best shopping in the area. Jacksonville Beach, Florida is a great destination for business travelers and family vacationers. All types of guests can sit on their balcony and listen to the waves crash ashore, enjoy a meal in our oceanfront restaurant, or just take in the beauty of the place from our oceanfront patio. Gorgeous weather and beautiful scenery are some of the many magical things you can experience when you visit Jacksonville Beach, FL. Our Jacksonville Beach hotel is recognized by the State of Florida as a Green Lodging Property & Most Sea Turtle Eco-Friendly Hotel. Our spacious rooms perfectly integrate business conveniences with luxurious comfort - beachside! Our junior and executive suites have a large oceanfront private balcony and a separate sitting area offering panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. All rooms are non-smoking and have an LCD screen TV, mini refrigerator, microwave, in-room coffee, and high-speed wireless Internet access. Enjoy a reasonably priced breakfast buffet with an ocean view. Relax in our oceanfront heated outdoor pool and our whirlpool with Tiki Bar. Our hotel is equipped with an exercise room that has cardiovascular equipment and free weights. East coast Sports Rental offers surfboards, skim boards, kayaks, bikes, beach chairs, and umbrellas to rent for a day of fun at the beach. Reserve your room today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront Hotel Jacksonville Beach
- Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
- Jacksonville Beach Courtyard
- Jacksonville Beach Marriott