“Great place with just a few exceptions”

Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 2, 2014

After traveling for many years, I still believe that only places that truly exemplify near perfection deserve a 5 star rating and that it should not be used all the time. That said - this place gets 4 stars. Excellent location, good accommodations and courteous, professional staff. All the staff we encountered during our 4 night stay were pleasant, attentive and professional.

We had an Executive suite on the 6th floor. It was large and comfortable. The drawback, that we believe should be taken care of - before - you arrive are the maintenance issues in the suite itself. Lights out, loose faucet handles in the shower and at the sink, extremely hard to open shower doors, loud squeaky door hinges on the bathroom door etc...

When you have multiple maintenance techs onsite, which is the case at this place, it should be easy to check and repair items, after a guest checks out and another one comes in after 4pm.

A few places to eat are within walking distance, though the better ones you will need a car.

Though the parking is small, we were able to find a spot each night - if you return from going out before 8pm. You may have to park across the street if later than that time. The pool is large and has a nice jacuzzi as well. Lots of loungers are available with chairs and tables too. If the evening is dry, they light an open pit fire in a large siting area on the outside back deck too.
A large Tiki bar with plenty of seating and great bartenders to boot.

This Courtyard provides most everything you would need to enjoy your stay with your family or as a couple. Happy travels to you.

Room Tip: High floor executive suite
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sea4metoo
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Sea4metoo
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave a review about the hotel. Its great to hear the positive comments and I apologizes regarding the items we fell short on. I will be bring these observations to our maintenance team to see what can be corrected immediately.
We look forward to your future visit which will strive to receive a 5 star rating.
Thank you for your business.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed here for a business meeting and found this hotel to be GREAT.

Surprisingly, the front desk attendant was very accommodating and put me on the ocean view side which was WONDERFUL. What a great view! Much appreciated! It's worth asking!

The hotel is a Courtyard, so there is no lunch which for a location like this, I feel they are missing out on something. (must be a "Courtyard" thing. The first day my colleagues grabbed something from the pantry. The next day since we were there for a meeting, they had a nice lunch setup of soup, sandwiches and desserts and it was so good! That's why I think they are missing out on something, With the tables inside and outside facing the ocean, the nice pool setup, it seems they could do a nice lunch business as there's nowhere in the area that has lunch.

Arlene was the meeting coordinator and was excellent. She checked in on us prior, and quickly dealt with some last minute needs we had.

Another big plus. I got up one morning and went out for a walk on the beach. NOT thinking that housekeeping would be by so early, which they WERE. Too early, in my opinion, I hadn't even showered yet, so the room was not necessarily needing cleaned yet. When I returned, she was next door, and had already been in my room. Yikes, my jewelry, purse, Ipad etc. were all out. Yes my mistake, normally I would tuck all that away or put in the safe, but no worries, nothing disturbed, so appreciated the honesty.

There are restaurants within walking distance (but nothing on the water within decent walking distance). Lots of restaurants a couple miles away, lots of choices.

I had to park at the Fairfield after returning from dinner one night, but it is just across the street and no further than many hotels own parking lots.....so don't know why people find this so offensive. It's not like you're walking thru snow or a dark scary alley! ;)

This is a fun area, and nice hotel. Hope to be back.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view, it's GREAT
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank StPaulygal
Alex R, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear StPaulygal,
Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding our hotel and staff. Arlene has been the Direct or sales for over 5 years at the Courtyard and does a phenomenal job. I can’t wait to share your comments with her. I do apologies for the housekeeping staff entering your room a bit early, generally they start with rooms that have checked out that morning vs occupied. We look forward to your future visit and thank you for your business.
Sincerely, Alex Reitter

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I didn't want to tell you cause I wanted to keep it a secret,but I just had to share.This place is Paradise.The staff,go so far out of the way to make sure you are satisfied,I didn't want to leave.The room oh so clean,the pool oh so clean,the food in the new restaurant,is better then my home made.Starbucks to die for.The most incredible thing was the manager,ALEX.I am a Gold member and have some really terrible experiences,but this guy went so far out to help me with different things.An example,I have a bad back,but the mattresses here I had no problem.He searched to find me where I could get one.If you want a view and you want friendly and you want service,this is the place.I have been now many times and never had a problem with parking or anything else

Room Tip: I prefer a higher room for the view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

It is always a pleasure to have you stay Judy. Thank you for the wonderful comments and as always if I can assist in any other way, please let me know. We look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Hotel was great parking situation terrible and the front desk attendant told me that's just the way it is on the beach. I had to park across the street at the Fairfield after paying $271.00 per night.

• Stayed: April 2014
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear James K, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay. I am sorry for the inconvenience regarding the parking and understand that it can be tricky at times when the main lot fills up. Due to the size of the hotel it was designed to share the parking lot with the Fairfield Inn located directly across the street. It’s great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Four of us (2 teenagers and parents ) had a 2 night stay over Easter. This is a lower price option for a resort and we felt it was awesome. It is right on the beach and had a very nice pool area with outdoor bar. The lobby with dining and bar was great. Do get me wrong - this is not a high end resort - but it felt like one. We got moved to a ocean front room on third floor and could not have been happier. Would go back again.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kevin C
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at the Courtyard Oceanfront. We are always looking for ways to give our guests the resort feel without the high prices. Thank you for staying and we hope to see you back at the Courtyard Oceanfront.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had reason to be in Jacksonville for a visit to the Mayo clinic. This hotel was clean , close to everything including Mayo Clinic. The staff was friendly and well informed. Thanks to all but a special thanks to the front desk manager Lisa Shultz who did everything to make our stay extra pleasant.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to visit Jacksonville.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave sure a positive review about our hotel. It’s great to hear Lisa was able to personally assist you during your stay. We look forward to your future return. Thank you,

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed here for three nights in March for a wedding that was up the road in Neptune Beach.
I checked out a number of hotels in the area and found that this Marriott had received good reviews. I found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. Being right on the ocean of course made it a nice place to stay. I just wish the weather was warmer to enjoy the beach. It also has a nice pool and hot tub. The rooms I thought were on the small side but comfortable and clean. The hotel lobby was under construction at the time so I did not eat in their makeshift restaurant. But when it is completed (with a Starbucks) it looks like it will be a nice place to sit and a have a coffee or cocktail overlooking the ocean

I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Jacksonville Beach, FL.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ironman_7
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review about the Courtyard Oceanfront. I did want to let you know that our renovation is officially complete. Guest have stated they really enjoy the new bistro design featuring Starbucks.
Thank you for staying and we look forward to your future visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Jacksonville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marrio...
#7 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!