Several folks from my work routinely stay at this hotel while in Jacksonville on business. I myself have stayed here twice--once last December and then again last week. On my first trip, the hotel was great. It was clean. The staff was friendly. One of the ladies I was traveling with found a bug in her room, but she told the front desk and was promptly given a new bug-free room. Overall though--I had only positive things to say about it. This last experience however, was quite the opposite. I got out of bed on the first morning and was sitting at the desk when I saw a bug crawling over/through my sheets. I grabbed a tissue, got the bug and flushed it. I then "tossed" the whole bed, sheets and all--and found horrible stains and little rust-brown spots on the edge of the mattress. I took a picture of the mattress, got dressed and went downstairs to speak with the front desk. The girl at the front desk was extremely polite and handled the situation very professionally. She said that by the time I got off of work, I would have a new room waiting for me and she offered to have the staff move my belongings. I put my luggage in my work associate's room, but asked if the staff would move my refrigerator contents. When I got back in the afternoon, there had been a change of front desk staff, one person who seemed confused by what I had to say and the other who kept listening to us talk and then would go behind a door to the manager's office and then would reappear a minute later. The second fellow ended up stepping in and said that my new room was all ready to go. I had been upgraded to a very nice room--free of any extra charges. I retrieved my luggage and went to my new room. The view was stunning. The mattress (oh yes, I checked)--looked bright white and brand new. Then I walked into the bathroom and the very nice shower had other people's soap remnants still sitting in it. I'm not talking about little soap shavings--I'm talking about a 2 inch by 1 inch obviously used soap remnant. At this point, I just wanted to finish my trip and go home. So I said nothing to the front desk. I really don't want to be the always-cranky patron. Later that day, my work associate and I walked down to the beach. When we returned, we went to use the outdoor shower to wash off our legs--but it was broken. We found a garden hose hanging on the fence next to it and figured it must be the intended alternative. Also, during this trip, my work associate was kept up all night the first night by the physical activities of the couple next door...literally all night long, every hour on the hour. She did check the next day to make sure the couple checked out--or she would have also asked to change rooms. When I got back from my trip, I found out from my boss that during her last trip to the hotel a few weeks earlier, she was also kept up all night--this time by teenagers partying. She was told by hotel staff the next morning that the police had been called on them. My boss also believes the cleanliness has gone downhill--as do I. The one bright spot--everyone I spoke with who works at the hotel was nice/polite. If they can fix the cleanliness, bug and broken object issues--they would have a stellar hotel once again. I don't think I'll be staying there again, but it has great potential.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront offers spacious and comfortable guest rooms for you to enjoy, along with the many amenities and proximity to Jacksonville Beach attractions. Our Jacksonville Beach hotel's location is just a half hour from downtown Jacksonville and minutes from some of the best shopping in the area. Jacksonville Beach, Florida is a great destination for business travelers and family vacationers. All types of guests can sit on their balcony and listen to the waves crash ashore, enjoy a meal in our oceanfront restaurant, or just take in the beauty of the place from our oceanfront patio. Gorgeous weather and beautiful scenery are some of the many magical things you can experience when you visit Jacksonville Beach, FL. Our Jacksonville Beach hotel is recognized by the State of Florida as a Green Lodging Property & Most Sea Turtle Eco-Friendly Hotel. Our spacious rooms perfectly integrate business conveniences with luxurious comfort - beachside! Our junior and executive suites have a large oceanfront private balcony and a separate sitting area offering panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. All rooms are non-smoking and have an LCD screen TV, mini refrigerator, microwave, in-room coffee, and high-speed wireless Internet access. Enjoy a reasonably priced breakfast buffet with an ocean view. Relax in our oceanfront heated outdoor pool and our whirlpool with Tiki Bar. Our hotel is equipped with an exercise room that has cardiovascular equipment and free weights. East coast Sports Rental offers surfboards, skim boards, kayaks, bikes, beach chairs, and umbrellas to rent for a day of fun at the beach. Reserve your room today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront Hotel Jacksonville Beach
- Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
- Jacksonville Beach Marriott
- Jacksonville Beach Courtyard