Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Family visit”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is clean and well maintained. From the staff at the front desk to the housekeeping staff all treat you as though you were part of their family. I feel very much at home in this hotel. We enjoyed the wonderful breakfast in the lobby lounge.

We enjoyed the pool and the pool bar. The hotel is right on the beach which made it so convenient for morning walks and watching evening sunsets on the patio. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Jacksonville Beaches.

Room Tip: It is worth every penny of upgrading to the oceanfront room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Flowery Branch GA
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed over the Labor Day weekend. Arrived early on check in day knowing that I could not check in until 4 PM however the front desk staff gave me a parking pass and a pool key so we could enjoy the beachand pool until our room was ready. They also requested my phone number so they could let me know as soon as my room was available which turned out to be around 2:30 PM. Also, the young man in the resturaunt allowed me to charge my lunch to my room around noon which was well before I even had a room assignment. I was very impressed by this type of customer service.

As far as the motel, we loved it. The location is perfect. It is located right on the beach and has many nice places to eat and shop close by. I would recommend the Salt Life resturaunt which is just a few blocks away on A!A.

Chairs and umbrellas were available to rent on the beach but we did not need them since we brought our own. There was also a lifeguard located right in front of the motel on the beach which was nice.

The room was extremely clean, furniture very new and modern including the furniture on the balcony. Some of the nicest I have seen for a motel balcony by the ocean. We chose not to have our room cleaned since we were only staying two nights so I cannot comment on the maid service but we had plenty of towels and wash cloths for two people for 3 days and two nights.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Everyone now and again in the world of travel you get moments of happiness where everything lines up, stress is avoided and happiness is achieved. The flights are on time, security is bearable, people are pleasant, hotels really deliver. This was the case during my recent visit to the Courtyard Marriot in Jacksonville. What a great gem this place is. Comfortable, clean, extremely well thought out, right on the ocean, and with a pool. And reasonably priced and staff that really care. What more could you want? Having stayed at some lovely hotels and resorts in various beach locales this was such a pleasant surprise. Low key, relaxed, and right ON THE OCEAN! My short stay was too short and I need to rectify that with a longer stay, and hopefully will soon.
Courtyard by Marriott is the business line of the Marriott group and doesn’t have all the frills of the full Marriotts, but you don’t suffer here. The rooms are comfortable, clean and well appointed with comfortable beds and seating, there is ample storage space with drawers and closets, and the usual amenities of ironing board and iron, toiletries, cable, desk, coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator! The bathrooms are a decent size and not cramped. Choosing to have a room on the ocean side was well worth the additional expense and the roomy balcony allowed for several pleasant hours of bliss. And did I mention free wi-fi in the room??? The lobby is comfortable with television, several computers (with wifi) and daily refreshments: coffee in the morning, lemonade and ice water and chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon. There is a small but very well equipped shop next to the front desk where you can buy just about anything you might need or have forgotten including items for breakfast, lunch or dinner in your room. There is a restaurant just off the lobby, but we did not use it. There is a nice pool and a pool bar that serves drinks until late afternoon. Beach equipment and activities are available from outside vendors. And the ocean is just steps from the property. The beach is wide and flat with lifeguards in season. The surf is variable depending on the tides but there were many small children able to play in the surf with safety on the days I was there. This lovely place is where you can watch the sunrise in the mornings and greet the day. Access into the hotel from the beach is restricted by a locked gate that requires your room key. There is a patio area with a fire pit, surrounded by chairs that is lit each evening and extends the relaxing atmosphere into the night. The hotel is within walking distance of places to eat and a short drive takes you to everything else. Parking is limited and when the hotel is full spaces are found across the road at a neighboring hotel.
The only problem I found during my stay involved other guests – parents of small children - who did not supervise their children in the pool or on the beach. The hotel clearly states children must be supervised at all times, however, I found myself swimming multiple times with young children whose parents weren’t outside and they were allowed to roam around the property with no supervision. Swimming early on my last morning I was joined by 2 children, no adult in sight. This is a big problem for me and needs to be resolved.
However, this a great place to stay for a relaxed break and I hope to return in the near future.
In a nutshell:
Clean, efficient, professional and friendly staff and right on the beach. With free wifi!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are worth the expense.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gbtoo
Valdobbiadene, Italy
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel on the beachfront. Clean and comfortable.
The location is just amazing with direct access to the beach. Nice pool with beds.
It offers a excellent and reasonable priced breakfast. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
North Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

It is seriously the best hotel on the beach! Our kids love this hotel!! Literally just steps away from the beach and pool. We have so much fun when we stay here. I recommend eating breakfast or lunch at the Oceanfront Cafe! It's so nice to sit there and enjoy the ocean views while you eat. Also, the bar is perfect at night when you want to relax..drink some wine while hanging out by the fire pit. It's just a great place to unwind! The rooms are clean and spacious. Our bedroom TV in our suite was HUGE, making it perfect to watch a movie in bed. I recommend an oceanfront room if you can help it. Again, perfect views!! The staff is amazing!!! They will do whatever they can to accommodate your needs!!! I am extremely picky when it comes to hotels, but this Marriott will not disappoint you! Also, the hotel's location is close to many great restaurants. If you have kids, take them to the Mellow Mushroom! They have a real-sized painted school bus to dine in. My daughter loves to sit in the front of the bus and pretend she's driving.

Room Tip: If you get an oceanfront room, make sure it's on a high floor OR it's all the way to the lef...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tmrvica1225
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for the fabulous comments about The Courtyard by Marriott Oceanfront. It is really great to hear how much you and your children enjoy the hotel. We are thrilled you benefited from the upgraded TV in the Executive Suite, we recently changed them out in hopes of giving the room a bit more of a wow factor.
Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing your family back at the beach.
Pembroke pines
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My co worker and myself needed a place to stay and decided to try this hotel. Alex the manager on duty was very accommodating and attended to our needs/requests. He was very friendly and welcomed us and thanked us for choosing the Marriott. Thanks to him, we would definitely stay here again when we travel for business, because of the service we received and the beautiful view!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Alex R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Suzanne it was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for the extremely considerate comments and we look forward to seeing you backing at the Courtyard Oceanfront.
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 days this past weekend and was very please! Awesome views of the beach, good sized rooms (although I think its time for a little updating tho not a deal breaker for me) very nice staff. Very close to a lot of restaurants shops etc. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I do not have an exact date, we are looking to renovate next year. We are really excited about it and once we have more details we will make sure to update our website. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you back in Jacksonville Beach.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Best Western Oceanfront
Best Western Oceanfront
#4 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonville Beach
Holiday Inn Express - Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!