Casa Marina Hotel and Restaurant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Best Western Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)
View Hotel
Seawalk Hotel and Spa(Jacksonville Beach)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Express(Jacksonville Beach)
View Hotel
One Ocean Resort & Spa(Atlantic Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe penthousebeautiful historic hotelrooftop loungedessert tableevent spacemy personal favoritea small shopping centerbottomless mimosaswonderful drinksshrimp cocktailchain hotelssitting roomoverlooking the beachbeach towelsan awesome viewcleaning staffbrunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I recently got married here, and had the entire hotel booked up with family and friends. This place has a great staff, food, and the rooms were very nice. There is a Sunday Brunch also that is awesome. I will be coming back here as much as possible. The penthouse is a great for a bite to eat and views of the ocean. Love this place!!

Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 29, 2012

My husband and I used to live in Ponte Vedra Beach, and this hotel has a wonderful restaurant and brunch. We had eaten both brunch and dinner here, and fell in love with the food. After leaving the Jacksonville area, we stayed here upon our return. The service is great. There are admittedly places with better ammenities (gyms, nicer pools, etc.), but I love the character of the hotel, the restaurant, and the rooftop bar so much, we stayed. The rooms are night.

The rooms are nice, but not over the top. In terms of ammenities and rooms, this hotel is likely considered a 3.5 star hotel. The buliding is the original building from the early 1900s, so I think there is only so much renovation they can do in order to preserve the building. The floors and ceilings are all original from the 1930s (I could be slightly off on the timing) and have survived hurricanes, etc., so the place has a lot of charater.

The restaurant is top notch. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is great. The service cannot be beat, and we have gotten to know some of the staff very personally. They are very passionate about creating a great experience for guests to the hotel and restaurant.

The rooftop bar is an amazing touch! This place is in a great location for staying on the beach and near restaurants, but you can just go upstairs for amazing drinks and views! Our wedding guests loved this touch as we continued the reception upstairs after the DJ stopped playing.

I would especially recommend this place to people looking for a unique place to get married. It is gorgeous, and they treat all out of town guests staying there like royalty. The Sunday brunch is a nice treat for guests the night after a wedding.

Whether you are looking for a meal, a place to stay, or a place to get married, this place is a great value for what you get. It was cheaper than many chain hotels (for both just visiting and for our wedding) and offers many more personal touches.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Casa Marina is a small Historic Hotel with an incredible staff. I stayed in a suite which gave me room to spread out. The wi-fi worked perfectly and the food was outstanding. The Penthouse (restaurant and bar) has an awesome view of the beach and killer martinis.

The wedding tent was up and I could easily imagine an intimate ceremony and reception in the courtyard.

Room Tip: Get a suite if possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2011

My husband and I visited Casa Marina for their Sunday brunch. The atmosphere at the restaurant was excellent because it was neither crowded nor was it loud. The cloth napkins and tablecloths were clean and stain-free while the glasses were crystal clear and the silverware was very shiny. Our server did an outstanding job and everyone was really friendly.
The buffet had several items that were really good:
1. Cooked to order omelet station with a variety of add-ins
2. Belgian waffles with strawberries and other toppings
3. Hummus with pita bread or crackers
4. Artichoke salad with pasta
5. Desserts were very good. The dark chocolate cake with mousse filling was absolutely mind-blowing and the cheesecake, carrot cake and golden raisin bread pudding were also over the top good.
Room for improvement:
1. Prime rib was cold and did not have a good flavor
2. Pecan encrusted Tilapia was dry
3. Macaroni and cheese was very dry and not cheesy
4. Bacon was like the generic microwave ready kind
5. Eggs Benedict was a poached egg on a crab cake and tasted just like an egg on a crab cake and was not cohesive
6. Gravy for the biscuits was a thin sour cream style
7. Grits were lumpy and lacking flavor

The breakfast portion is definitely not a Southern breakfast style and the menu on-line may differ from what is actually served. A little pricey for the amount of choices and quality but romantic and serene at the same time.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kerry500
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Stayed at the Casa Marina for Thanksgiving. It was amazing!!! The ambiance of days gone by and the rich history the building itself held was breath taking. Chilled champagne and chocolate covered strawberries awaited us in our room along with a spectacular view of the ocean. The Thanksgiving buffet was absolutely impeccable and the staff, Management, Bartenders, Servers and Housekeeping went out of their way to see to my every need. Remembered my name even after the hustle and bustle, right up to check out. I would LIVE at the Casa Marina if at all possible! Heartfelt Thank you to all of the staff at the Casa!!!!

JCarter - Orange Park, FL