“Food was good. That's all.”
Review of 3rd Street Diner

3rd Street Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: A New York Style Diner. Looking for a fresh moderately priced Greek food in Jacksonville? Our American-Greek recipes maintain the same flavors our customers have enjoyed during the last eleven years. If you are in the mood for breakfast at midnight, or a rich hamburger, a light Greek salad, or BBQ Ribs, or shrimp. We cook only with Greek Olive Oil, Healthy Cooking!
Georgia Mountains
“Food was good. That's all.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had lunch there on a Saturday around 1 pm. There were only a couple of people in the restaurant. I went in because their sign outside stated Fish and Chips $7.95. The hostess said she was the owner's girlfriend. She was not very friendly. The waitress, Mary, was very nice and did her job. Two of the waitresses were quibbling about some work matter that I really didn't want to hear, but had no choice.
The fish and chips were good, as was the small salad. The blue cheese dressing was very thin and seemed watered down with not a lot of taste.
If they had air conditioning, it was not working well, as it was quite warm in the dining room. They had a case where I'm assuming bakery items were to be sold, but it was empty.
All in all, the food was good for the price.

Canton, Ohio
“Delicious food, Great specials”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We ate here two nights in a row. Salmon and crab stuffed flounder were fresh, tasty and delicious. The service was very friendly and relaxing. We saw a waiter walking an impatient 4 year old around giving the mom a chance to eat and enjoy. Our servers, Nobi and Zach were excellent, attentive to detail and friendly. All specials were explained in detail. The lasagna had a bit too much meat in it, according to my husband. Don't forget to take some baked goods with you when you leave, baklava, brownies, the best wedding cookies I've ever had, and many more baked goods. A really terrific eatery close to Jacksonville Beach. Don't miss it!

Jax Beach
“The Service is as Bad as the Food is Good”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

There are two reasons I typically leave a review for a restaurant - if I have a really outstanding experience, or a really bad one. Today is was the latter. Over the years, I've developed low expectations for the service in this place - since the week it opened 11 years ago, the service has been slow - due to being understaffed, poorly trained, and pretty much because no decent server ever stays there long because of the tyrant who owns the place. It all boils down to bad and incompetent management. This place is always half empty when others in town are slammed and the service is the reason. Today, management had the temperature in the place on at least 80, and we sweated the whole time. They had two servers for the whole restaurant, so it took 20 minutes just to have someone take our order, and another 5-7 before we even got drinks, which of course weren't as request. I'll give credit where credit is due - the food here is always good, reasonably priced, and comes in generous portions. Just don't ever come here if you're in a hurry or you like to be treated well or even greeted with a smile.

Hilliard, Florida
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We spotted the diner while on our way home from vacation and stopped in for breakfast. The wait staff was friendly and fast.

I had an omelet platter, my wife had blueberry crepes and my son had a waffle.

The food was served quickly and it was all very good.

We will return.

JACKSONVILLE
“Always great, always fresh”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Go here every weekend for omelets and of course the Spanikopita and Greek wedding cookies to go. Always hot fresh coffee. Fast service. The Athena omelet is a must try and be warned physically addicting :) Killer real deal Turkey Clubs, just like in NY. Definitely needs a spruce up, but again just like a NY diner in look and yummy food day or night. Never had a bad meal in over 10 years. I saw a lot of reviews about the 'rude' owner, George and his lovely wife have always made us feel right at home. Although, as a fellow Greek yes we can be touchy (ask the hubby) at times but we have never seen any bad behavior from Owner's or Staff. Always enjoyable plus a nice walk on the beach to burn some of it off it a plus!