“Florida traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 3rd Street Diner

3rd Street Diner
Cuisines: American, Greek, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A New York Style Diner. Looking for a fresh moderately priced Greek food in Jacksonville? Our American-Greek recipes maintain the same flavors our customers have enjoyed during the last eleven years. If you are in the mood for breakfast at midnight, or a rich hamburger, a light Greek salad, or BBQ Ribs, or shrimp. We cook only with Greek Olive Oil, Healthy Cooking!
Gainesville, Florida
“Florida traveler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a really cute diner. The prices are good, and the food is awsome. The dessert is awsome too. They give you really good service, and go out of the way to make you happy.

Visited August 2012

Beach
“You guys need Chef Gordon Ramsay's help”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

The food I'v rated before and gave another chance but this place is very disappointing for a greek restaurant and I know they have potential. It smells old and musty like a wet mop. The desert area looks like a sloppy mess. The managers which I think are the owners, older couple, are not friendly. Stay in the back please if you can't work on a simple hello. Please.... call for help.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TryNewPlacesBeach
Florida, United States
“Ick!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We noticed a terrible odor when we first went in for breakfast. Smelled like old bleachy mop water that had soured and something else undesirable. My husband and I were too polite to turn around and leave. It was dirty, the menus were absolutely sticky. The booths were in bad condition. It wasn't crowded when we came in, but still had trouble getting service. A few more people came in and the service was worse. Food was expensive for what it was. I hadn't visited the area in years and was excited to stop in. I'm sorry I suggested it.

• Visited October 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
“The Food is Really Really Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My Friend and I went to Third Street Diner and I was expecting hamburgers. They had so much more. I ordered the Gyro and the Greek sauce was so fresh. It was amazing. My friend had the chicken parm and it was very good too. It was a lightly fried chicken breast draped with cheese beside a large pile of spaghetti noodles. There was so much food on each of our plates that we took home enough for another meal later. And, if that wasnt enough, the desserts display case made me drool. I went for the Balkava. Flaky dough with nuts and honey was so amazing. I was too full to taste my friend's dessert but she had apple pie that was clearly homemade. It looked good.
Our waitress was Rose and she was Johnny on the spot with drink refills. Next time we come I want to make sure I sit in her section.
Third Street Diner is definitely a do again.

• Visited August 2012
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“last resort”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I would recommend this place as a last resort. The food is flat no flavor. The deserts look much better than they taste. If you do get desert order water to wash it down dry dry dry. The wait staff appeared over worked and under paid or maybe the owners demeaning personality has something to do with it. Smile people smile. You are in the customer service business aren't you?
I ordered a fruit bowl and got a bowl of watermelon and 2 strawberries...wow! they went all out!
There are other places I would spend my time and money.

• Visited July 2012