“The Food is Really Really Good!”
Review of 3rd Street Diner

3rd Street Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: A New York Style Diner. Looking for a fresh moderately priced Greek food in Jacksonville? Our American-Greek recipes maintain the same flavors our customers have enjoyed during the last eleven years. If you are in the mood for breakfast at midnight, or a rich hamburger, a light Greek salad, or BBQ Ribs, or shrimp. We cook only with Greek Olive Oil, Healthy Cooking!
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My Friend and I went to Third Street Diner and I was expecting hamburgers. They had so much more. I ordered the Gyro and the Greek sauce was so fresh. It was amazing. My friend had the chicken parm and it was very good too. It was a lightly fried chicken breast draped with cheese beside a large pile of spaghetti noodles. There was so much food on each of our plates that we took home enough for another meal later. And, if that wasnt enough, the desserts display case made me drool. I went for the Balkava. Flaky dough with nuts and honey was so amazing. I was too full to taste my friend's dessert but she had apple pie that was clearly homemade. It looked good.
Our waitress was Rose and she was Johnny on the spot with drink refills. Next time we come I want to make sure I sit in her section.
Third Street Diner is definitely a do again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I would recommend this place as a last resort. The food is flat no flavor. The deserts look much better than they taste. If you do get desert order water to wash it down dry dry dry. The wait staff appeared over worked and under paid or maybe the owners demeaning personality has something to do with it. Smile people smile. You are in the customer service business aren't you?
I ordered a fruit bowl and got a bowl of watermelon and 2 strawberries...wow! they went all out!
There are other places I would spend my time and money.

1  Thank roadie613
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had brunch with 5 family members. My omelet with asparagus/avocado/cheddar was good. My husband had a gyro omelet which was ok/salty, the biscuit with sausage gravy was only fair, the pancakes were only ok. We found the waitress to be attentive with refills, etc. but she looked as tired and as the diner.

As to the cleanliness of the place~I have to say that I agree with the rundown feel of the place. The bathroom toilet scrubber had no holder and just laid on the floor between the sink/toilet and the entire place looked like it needed a paint job and had a bunch of old equipment (old soda machines/jukebox, etc) lying about. All of this made the diner feel tired and unkept.

I will not return to the 3rd street diner mainly due to the tired look of the place which made it feel dirty and the uninspired.

1  Thank serene4848
Reviewed August 5, 2012

it was dirty, had ants. the food was not good. the waitress and the owner kept fussing at each other. They had forgotten some items that was went with the meal ordered, waitress said she did not give them unless ask didn't want the bread to be wasted. The garlic bread was hard as a rock and the taste was YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank two_waters
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The portions are huge enough to share and very tasty! I had the Greek platter and wasn't able finish it or share because everyone else had massive portions. The desserts are mouthwatering and we took a few to go because we were stuffed. Yummy!