“this place shows promise, but it has a ways to go”
Review of The Blind Rabbit

The Blind Rabbit
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blind Rabbit is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2014

This was our first visit - I think we will try it again. I like this type of place: kinda funky, very independent, not a chain. The room is exceedingly loud - you can blame the high, industrial ceilings, wood unpadded booths and concrete floor. I ordered the shrimp remoulade salad: at $15. it could be bigger. It was good, not great. The burgers looked very good - my friend was very pleased with his burger (topped with a fried egg). The fries looked nice and fresh, but were a bit soggy, like they had absorbed too much oil and had been sitting too long. No excuse for soggy fries when the restaurant is buzzing on a Saturday at lunch.The skillet Mac & Cheese was good. Our food came out at odd times: two meals came out first and then (the salad) came out 5 minutes later. Why would a cold salad take longer than a burger? Seems like the kitchen is disorganized. C'mon guys...I wanna like this place, but there were so many little things wrong. Ya gotta do better if you want people to come back. Service was decent and the hosts were smiling and welcoming.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went for lunch on a weekday. It was not very busy. The service was excellent. The food was absolutely fantastic. We tried excellent appetizers and great burgers. The fried onions were wonderful.

We did not have the opportunity to sample the many whiskey choices, but plan to return for that soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Food is always good. This time we sat at the bar. Service was poor. Music was painfully loud. We will be back at some time.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had the Southern Burger and The Holick. One with a side of steamed asaragus and the other with a side of sweet potato fries. The burgers were very good and cooked to order. The Southern was the best of the two. The sweet pot fries were not crispy and felt as if they had sat for awhile. All in all though I thought it was a very good meal and would eat there again.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The menu is definitely built to steer you in the direction of burgers. I had the whiskey smoked burger which was delicious and the potato ships which are sliced and fried in the kitchen, for some reason the server thought I said no salt on them which left them a little bland, didnt bother to ask for more bc I was already full. Huge selection of moonshine and whiskey, also a good selection of beers. Tried the bacon milkshake which was strange but some people who tried it said they enjoyed it. We were with a large party and service was quick, considering the amount of people, never felt rushed or ignored. Atmosphere was cool with a toned down vibe and I would imagine be a great place to watch a game. Got lucky and found parking right in the front but saw others struggle to find it. Overall good experience.