“Very good food and service.”

Salt Life Food Shack
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Salt Life Food Shack was developed with the commitment to provide a community driven restaurant that compliments the brand where “living the Salt Life” is a part of everyday life. We offer a carefully crafted eclectic menu to cater to all tastes and personalities. Salt Life Food Shack of Jacksonville Beach is the perfect locale for beach goers to enjoy great dishes, cool drinks and the opportunity to catch up with family and friends. We are located just three blocks off the beach and our casual yet trendy open-air space will accommodate all types – from the avid seaman to land lovers looking for a taste of the Salt Life... Eat, Drink. And be Salty.
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Met a business associate here for dinner. The food, the service and the atmosphere was all great. We were there on a Tuesday when they have $5 sushi, or so we learned. We shared two sushi rolls including the Lobster roll, which while a bit thin with lobster, was only $5. For my meal I got a combination of 3 different taco's, all of which were good and at a great price. We were able to sit and talk at length without too much outside noise as the restaurant was busy. We also used the little girls room which was clean and tidy which most women appreciate, myself included. Parking was also easy and plentiful, which I appreciated, especially because we were at the beach. PJ was our waiter and he was very attentive, but in no way intrusive. I had previously read that this service was spotty here, and I was pleased to report a great service experience. I would certainly return.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Salt Life is not only great at making t-shirts, but food too! I absolutely love the party vibe you get upon arriving into the restaurant. The food is also very good. The only reason i had to go with 4 instead of 5 stars is simply the prices are a little high for the extremely casual atmosphere. However, this is very minor. This is a great restaurant overall, so i would say try it!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

What a great place to take friends and family!!! One of a kind, the food is great. Drinks specials! Service was stellar!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Met promptly when we walked in the door. Did self-seating in the bar area. Wife had chicken bowl and I had 2 shrimp tacos. We also had Hawaiian wings as appetizer. We enjoyed everything that we had and service was prompt and friendly. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

We got there early, around 5, so the wait was nonexistent. That is after I told the hostess that we would like to be seated.
It took a while for the server to get over to us? She took our drink order and after 7 minutes I had to remind her that I ordered a beer from the bar. Finally she returned with my beer which was flat and warm. I asked for another and she returned with a flat cold beer. So she suggested another draft. The third beer wasn't as flat, but it was cold.
Once our food arrived I was pleasantly surprised that it was prepared very well. My girlfriend and daughter were very happy with their meals as well.

In short: the service and beer - not so good. Although the food is reasonably priced and very tasty.
It almost seemed like teenagers were running the front and adults were running the back.