“Tasty food, friendly staff.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Salt Life Food Shack

Salt Life Food Shack
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Salt Life Food Shack was developed with the commitment to provide a community driven restaurant that compliments the brand where “living the Salt Life” is a part of everyday life. We offer a carefully crafted eclectic menu to cater to all tastes and personalities. Salt Life Food Shack of Jacksonville Beach is the perfect locale for beach goers to enjoy great dishes, cool drinks and the opportunity to catch up with family and friends. We are located just three blocks off the beach and our casual yet trendy open-air space will accommodate all types – from the avid seaman to land lovers looking for a taste of the Salt Life... Eat, Drink. And be Salty.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Tasty food, friendly staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were in town for just a short over-night, and Salt-Life Food Shack was recommended by the hotel when I asked for good food within walking distance. We were not disappointed. The restaurant is large with a beach theme. The staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations on the menu, which offered a variety of options. We were very happy with our meal.

Visited July 2014

Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“chilling at jax beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

just want to say what a great time me and my friends had with our new found friend Casey this cat is a killer bartender.He is very knowledgeable about all drinks and his service was outstanding. we look forward to our next visit.hope to see you there,

New York NY
“Mallory G.- our waitress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Mallory was such a delight. She was so accommodating and patient with our special requests!! We were pleasantly surprised that our meals were served very quickly!!

Michigan
“You pay for the atmosphere...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Visited this newly opened establishment while staying at the Super 8 right next door. It had a lively appeal to it, with a one man band playing on the outside desk area, so I decided to check it out, in hopes of finding some good seafood.
What I did find was pretentious prices, and and atmosphere that I felt I was paying for more than the food or service.
I sat at the outside section of the bar, with a nice manufactured breeze blowing. It took the bartender quite a while to realize I was a new addition to the bar, which is fine, I wasn't in a hurry. It wasn't exactly packed or hopping at the bar, so whatever her reason, that is ok.
There is a nice selection of microbews on draft, none of which were too appealing, but to some, they may be. I stuck with the old staple Miller Lite.
Checking out the menu I was quite shocked of the prices. I was already in this deep, so I figured I would make it work, given it was close to the hotel. I ordered the Caribbean Shack Fish, which was quite tasty, must admit, but I really questioned if it was worth the $18.00 price tag. The fish came served on top of a small serving of Caribbean fried rice and a few assorted veggies. Tasty, yes, but it fell short on the portion. I asked the bartender what Shack Fish was, and she said it was the catch of the day, which didn't quite answer my question specifically, but nonetheless it was good.
Chatted with a local at the bar who was checking the place out for the first time, and he too agreed that it was quite pricey, and he recommended the Sunset Grille a few doors down on the same side.
It wasn't a bad experience, but would I return again? Probably not. I'll check out that Sunset Grille next time around.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Nice Menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Good for family dining. Varied menu and comfortable seating inside and outside. They have a nice selection of alcoholic beverages too. Side orders are large enough to share. The black bean orzo could be a meal in itself.