“Get the Bowl - Enjoy the Chairs”

Salt Life Food Shack
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Salt Life Food Shack was developed with the commitment to provide a community driven restaurant that compliments the brand where “living the Salt Life” is a part of everyday life. We offer a carefully crafted eclectic menu to cater to all tastes and personalities. Salt Life Food Shack of Jacksonville Beach is the perfect locale for beach goers to enjoy great dishes, cool drinks and the opportunity to catch up with family and friends. We are located just three blocks off the beach and our casual yet trendy open-air space will accommodate all types – from the avid seaman to land lovers looking for a taste of the Salt Life... Eat, Drink. And be Salty.
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Went here based on "markstradling 'Two nights out of three, says it all' " review on this site. Busy Friday night. Lots of twenty-somethings here along with families. Restaurant is open so a little loud but can still have conversation. Also has lots of TVs.

Waitress recommended one of the bowl selections (I had tuna with avocado and) and enjoyed it. Not too heavy but filled me up. Large chunks of tuna that were seasoned just right. Downed it with a local IPA.

I can see why this would be a great place after a day on the beach. Menu for every age, casual wear, good all around eats. They could probably pack more tables in here but they have these large, comfortable beach chairs to sit in. Very nice after a long day of work for me on my feet.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We were very pleased with this spot as the food was creative and very tasty. Not over priced and the service very good.
It was crowded but our wait wasn't so bad. Sushi was great,
chicken and rice bowl wonderful.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Four of us on our first night in the area and all of us agreed, despite having different meals, absolutely delicious.
Went back two nights later and were not disappointed - wonderful again.

In other words, great food, great service, great and varied menu and great staff.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Great food and nice relaxing setting. I had tuna bowl which was very good. Prices were good value and you had a choice of eating inside or out side.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I'm from Lancaster County, PA where we have alot of farmland and guernsey cows...When my nephew told me we were going to dinner at Salt Life I called it Salt Lick...lol Has nothing to do with the food being salty...Great food, great service. Very different food items on the menu. Shrimp wrapped bacon with a honey teriyaki glaze...superb. Tropical rice..excellent..very flavorful....will definitely go back.