“Fresh seafood in JAX Beach”

Salt Life Food Shack
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Salt Life Food Shack was developed with the commitment to provide a community driven restaurant that compliments the brand where “living the Salt Life” is a part of everyday life. We offer a carefully crafted eclectic menu to cater to all tastes and personalities. Salt Life Food Shack of Jacksonville Beach is the perfect locale for beach goers to enjoy great dishes, cool drinks and the opportunity to catch up with family and friends. We are located just three blocks off the beach and our casual yet trendy open-air space will accommodate all types – from the avid seaman to land lovers looking for a taste of the Salt Life... Eat, Drink. And be Salty.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I can't say enough good comments about Salt Life. We had dinner on a Monday evening and it wasn't too busy but the service was great. We got a table right away and I liked the open, bright atmosphere of this place immediately. Our server was attentive and she answered all our questions. We had the calamari appetizer and I would say it's probably the best I have ever had. So tender and fresh and the batter coating was not over seasoned. Very delicate flavor which was wonderful.

I had the shrimp salad roll and the shrimp was not swimming in mayo; it was dressed and seasoned very lightly so you could taste the shrimp. Topped with a slice of melted Havarti cheese, which provided an interesting layer of tangy flavor that complimented the shrimp.

My daughter had the softshell crab BLT and said it was awesome. Her boyfriend had oysters on the half shell and also said they were excellent, fresh, and not at all fishy tasting.

I cannot wait to go back to this restaurant the next time we visit Jacksonville!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

They have excellent tropical rice. Good food and atmosphere. I was disappointed to see they do not have coconut shrimp.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are in the Jacksonville Beach area, this is the place to be. Salt Life cafe has a very interesting history which started locally and has turned into a wonderful restaurant with a delicious variety of meals. Salt Life is a trademark and can be found on bumper stickers, t-shirts and more, so be sure to stop by their retail store just a few blocks away. I was there on Tuesday for the Sushi and $2 drafts, but decided to try the Poke Dish - they have tuna and/or mahi-mahi. Life is good at the Salt Life.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

If you're envisioning by "outdoor seating" a view of sand and sea - forget it but if you want an "earlybird" bite to eat that isn't filled with over 70's (I was the only one) at 3:00 in the afternoon when Happy Hour begins, then this is the place for you. The food was okay but they had me at the music - not too loud but got your toes tappin' and after a few hours at the nearby beach it was a great place to chill with sand still between your toes. My guess is things pick up after 5:00 but I'm home by then. Made for a nice afternoon.

1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed January 14, 2013

There is a great atmosphere, the staff was helpful and friendly, and the food was delicious. From the sushi bowls to the beer can chicken. Everything was tasty.