“conch is hard to find”

Salt Life Food Shack
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Salt Life Food Shack was developed with the commitment to provide a community driven restaurant that compliments the brand where “living the Salt Life” is a part of everyday life. We offer a carefully crafted eclectic menu to cater to all tastes and personalities. Salt Life Food Shack of Jacksonville Beach is the perfect locale for beach goers to enjoy great dishes, cool drinks and the opportunity to catch up with family and friends. We are located just three blocks off the beach and our casual yet trendy open-air space will accommodate all types – from the avid seaman to land lovers looking for a taste of the Salt Life... Eat, Drink. And be Salty.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My friend had a craving for conch soup. The Salt Life was the only location in the area. What a surpirse. We caught the wave; what a great find for good beer and tasty food. I am not sure just how far we were from the beach but the blue hue and large fish tank set us right in the mood for seafood. Well done.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Since this was our first time there, we asked our waiter JR what was good on the menu. He was great! He told us about some of the best things on the menu and how they were made. JR realy new the menu from top to bottom. My wife and I took some of JR suggestions and she order shrimp wrapped in apple wood bacon on skewers with chunks of pineapple. It was GREAT! I had fish ( I forget what kind it was ) on rice with pineapple in the rice. There was some hawaiian glaze over the fish and it was GREAT! The atmosphere was nothing special, but nice. What I liked best was the food and the waiter JR. There was realy nothing to not like. All in all a very nice meal!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

2nd trip and both times the food and audience have been awesome. Loved the starters and the entrees. The fishing videos were a hit as well

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Laid back and welcoming, Salt Life is a great place for a beer or glass of wine plus has some good seafood. Their tuna is particularly good.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This isn't real seafood, everything tastes like it came frozen... There are so many better places in town! Plus, we were treated poorly by the staff and felt extremely discriminated against. I will never go back!

3  Thank Megan L