“Rude Staff and Bad Food”

Salt Life Food Shack
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Salt Life Food Shack was developed with the commitment to provide a community driven restaurant that compliments the brand where “living the Salt Life” is a part of everyday life. We offer a carefully crafted eclectic menu to cater to all tastes and personalities. Salt Life Food Shack of Jacksonville Beach is the perfect locale for beach goers to enjoy great dishes, cool drinks and the opportunity to catch up with family and friends. We are located just three blocks off the beach and our casual yet trendy open-air space will accommodate all types – from the avid seaman to land lovers looking for a taste of the Salt Life... Eat, Drink. And be Salty.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This isn't real seafood, everything tastes like it came frozen... There are so many better places in town! Plus, we were treated poorly by the staff and felt extremely discriminated against. I will never go back!

3  Thank Megan L

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Good beer bucket deal on a Saturday night... oysters were good. Great shrimp bowl as well! Good mix of sports bar/nice seafood restaurant atmosphere.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We always take guests that come from out-of-town and we go often ourselves. Try the Poke Bowl..it is great. When weather is nice, we love sitting in the outdoor area. My daughter loves it, my grands love it, my husband loves it and I love it. If you haven't been, you are missing out on great food.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

When we lived in Jax Beach, we would come here just about every week. The food is great. They have your usual menu items but there are items on the menu you don't usually find anywhere else too. I don't eat seafood, and there are still plenty of options other than the usual greasy hamburger you find at other seafood restaurants. They have a great beer and wine list and the prices are on par with the surrounding area. The service is great but you should go early to beat the dinner crowd because the place is ALWAYS packed and they don't take reservations, but the bar area and outside patio are all first come, first serve so it's not too difficult to find a seat.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

It took us over a year to finally get here. I was impressed with how popular it was and the menu. The food was good but it was loud and busy for me. I'll try it again next year.