“Super biscuits, wonderful toppings and great staff!”

Maple Street Biscuit Company- JAX Beach
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 8, 2014

My second time here and my husbands third time, and we've only been to JAX a few times! Will be at Maple Street anytime we are in the area.
Chris (the owner) greeted several of us as we pondered the menu board. He is very personable with a great sense of humor.
I splurged this time on the five and dime (had the five last time). Great choice. The biscuits melt in your mouth, the chicken is perfectly done and the gravy is one of best I've ever had. My husband is not as into eggs as I am so he got the five (same as time before-why mess with a good thing). He is not usually into gravy but loves it here.
if I could eat here more often I would try some of the other interesting combinations.
Chris was constantly moving around, greeting guests, mopping tables (and floors when youngsters had spills). It was obvious he set the standard for all employees to be helpful, friendly, etc. Chris checked with the staff about our order when he noticed it was taking a little longer than expected even though we were not concerned.
A very well run restaurant with delicious food for a reasonable price!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Born in the North I was not accustomed to sausage gravy and biscuits. Since living in the south for the past 14 years, I've learned to really enjoy the creamy, unique flavors and flaky biscuit. Very few restaurants do it well. I found the wilderness lodge at Disney World does a terrific sausage gravy and now The Maple street Biscuit Co. We ordered the five and dime which includes an all natural fried chicken breast, pecan wood smoked bacon, fried egg and sausage gravy over a flaky biscuit. all ingredients were natural and delicious. The staff and owner were friendly. It's an order at the counter and share a table dining experience and they ask you to bus your own table. The food was unique and very good, the dining experience was a casual do it yourself experience.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The new place is even better than the other one. Chris is a great host and personally takes care of the customers. The food is exactly as promised and the service, well that's up to you!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

It was about 7:30 and I had just finished a run on the beach. I decided to stop here and try it, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the San Marco location.
There were homeless people sprawled on the steps, blocking the entrance. The other person who pulled up had to walk up the wheelchair ramp to get in. Nice touch.
When I walked in, I WAS greeted. It fell apart after that.
The other customer had placed his order and was getting his drink. I saw the girl at the register walk away, thought she was going to hand his order in and come get mine. Or maybe not...
The man closest to the counter walked back to join his co-workers lined up at the back of the kitchen area and joined in the loud gossip. Won't repeat that.
I kept waiting for the cashier to return, when I looked around she was diligently picking up stuff on tables, (inspecting for dust?) and carefully replacing it, all while studiously ignoring me.
I gave up, walked out. No one said a word or asked me if I was ready to order.
Big fat zero for customer service. I never got to try the food.

4  Thank Susan S
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Ordered the Ralphie: biscuits and sausage gravy with an egg on top. Delicious! I'm kinda picky about my sausage gravy...but this stuff was top notch...creamy, a little spicy, and plenty of it. Their coffee is excellent as well. However, the home fries I also ordered came out "loaded"...meaning they were packed with peppers, onions, ham, and cheese, which I didn't order. And the potatoes themselves were just processed steak fries...no potato flavor at all. I could've lived with it except there way too many onions and the onion flavor just over-powered everything, and the whole dish was only luke warm, at best. And $14 (no tip, self bus tables) for this meal was just ridiculous. More like a $7-$8 breakfast, at best! I'd probably stop back again if someone in my party wanted to, but I'm going to try the other breakfast options in town first.