“Nice little breakfast place”
Review of Ellen's Kitchen

Ellen's Kitchen
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I like that they are near Quest. After a night of fasting and then giving blood you can just walk over and get some good food. Lot's of choices, good coffee, and quick service. The Hippie is really yummy, 2 poached eggs on an English Muffin with tomatoes and cheese - comes with bacon and hash browns (or grits). The pancakes are yummy too and sometimes they offer different ones that are not on the menu. My daughter had a pumpkin pancake that was really good and my son likes their omelets.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

OK, pardon the pun; yet, it is on the T-shirts of the servers and it really is good down home breakfast food. OK, again; it is so NOT fancy, so NOT cool and so NOT trendy; but, I don't don't go there for ambiance (nor do the locals who have been going there for a very long time). It is located in a run down strip mall and you will have to look for it. I love the food and the service, it is that simple. My only hesitation is that it occasionally gets so busy that I have to wait; it is worth the wait.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was by far one of the worst breakfasts I've ever eaten. I got an omelet, hash browns and a pancake. They all tasted like old rotten oil. My mom also ate some eggs and bacon. The bacon was even bad. How do you mess up bacon? Yuck!!!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ellen's is excellent for breakfast. In fact, I really can't remember ever having eaten there for lunch. Don't even know if they serve dinner... But breakfast is where its at. Service is swift, pleasant and chatty. Your coffee cup will never be empty. The food is standard breakfast fare with a few twists. Grits are uniformly good, which always seems to be a challenge in most places. The Pat's Special is terrific...eggs cooked to your order onto of a bed of hashbrowns and then covered over in cheese. Pancakes are always good and fluffy. Can't say enough about these fine folks and their restaurant.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I dined at Ellen's Kitchen without any recommendation. We didn't know what to expect. The location is in an older strip mall and not very enticing but looks are deceiving. This is a little gem hidden away in South Jax Beach. It's nothing fancy, just good dinner food at a good price. My had the fish taco's and they were the best we've ever had. I would recommend a visit but don't expect fancy.