“See Food!”

Marlin Moon Grille
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Eat Drink Fish!! Is a perfect slogan for this fine casual dining spot. The cozy bar is lively with a cast of characters in front of and behind the bar, which was made to resemble the transom of a sport fishing boat, "The Pretty Work" from Islamorada, FL. The signature adult beverage is the Orange Crush. You gotta try one!! Food wise it's all about the Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, fresh local Mayport seafood with beef, pork and chicken options available. Marlin Moon Grille was the recipient of the 2009 People's Choice, Restaurant Association of Maryland's Favorite Restaurant Award before relocating to Jax Beach.
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Marlin Moon imports the traditions of Maryland seafood cuisine to Jacksonville Beach. Add an Orange or grapefruit crush, with friendly and helpful bar tenders, then you'll understand why the main Jacksonville resort concierges recommend Marlin Moon seafood for there guests. It is a great place to just linger for a casual appetizer. Parking is a bit of a challenge but the orthopedic office parking is available during non-working hours.

1  Thank Nels F
marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Nels,
You are the best!!!

Go Navy!!!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was looking for a restaurant to host my rehearsal dinner. I seen a review from a high school friend and contacted the restaurant. Gary was extremely nice and responded to all my questions. When we arrived we greeted like we were old friends! The food was awesome! The tuna nachos were so delicious. The Grapefruit Crush was so refreshing!! The best restaurant in Jacksonville Beach!!!! Thanks Gary!!!!

You make me cry. Thank you. I hope you had a great time in Jax Beach.

Best Fishes

Ps I am on sick leave. Thank you

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Steak salad had a good piece of steak and a good brand of blue cheese crumbles and superlative fries along w/ the green romain salad.

marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thanks Nikolai,
For the dressing we take our house made Caesar dressing and spike it with what else, A-1 Sauce. We try to do the fries like Thrashers on the boardwalk in Ocean City, MD. That salad is a Pittsburgh thing.

Tight Lines!!

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant decor has a nice coastal feel although nothing fancy. The food was very good. My family of four got the calamari appetizer, Mahi Mahi, chicken fried chicken, burger and sweet potato fries, the pasta special and three alcohol drinks. All of the food was very good and the bill was $116 before the tip. Our server was good as well.

Thanks we try to do simple well.

Best Fishes!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is the first place I have ever gone and ordered crab cakes and they were so close to tasting like I was home in Maryland. Upon doing my research I discovered that the owner was from Maryland or had some ties to Maryland in some way or another. The crab cakes were very good and they were huge. My husband ordered the platter with two and I ordered "one"....dah, we could have shared because the crab cakes were so big. Just happy to eat in a restaurant here in the south and it felt like I was home in Maryland. I would recommend this place...and yes, go on and indulge in a crab cake or two if you know what a real crab cake should look and taste like.

1  Thank Cynthia C
marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thanks Hon! I grew up in Baltimore and opened the Marlin Moon in Ocean City, MD in 1999. I moved it here last year. Thanks for your review and being our guest.

Go Birds!!! oh and Jags!!