“Great steak salad”

Marlin Moon Grille
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Eat Drink Fish!! Is a perfect slogan for this fine casual dining spot. The cozy bar is lively with a cast of characters in front of and behind the bar, which was made to resemble the transom of a sport fishing boat, "The Pretty Work" from Islamorada, FL. The signature adult beverage is the Orange Crush. You gotta try one!! Food wise it's all about the Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, fresh local Mayport seafood with beef, pork and chicken options available. Marlin Moon Grille was the recipient of the 2009 People's Choice, Restaurant Association of Maryland's Favorite Restaurant Award before relocating to Jax Beach.
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Steak salad had a good piece of steak and a good brand of blue cheese crumbles and superlative fries along w/ the green romain salad.

marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Thanks Nikolai,
For the dressing we take our house made Caesar dressing and spike it with what else, A-1 Sauce. We try to do the fries like Thrashers on the boardwalk in Ocean City, MD. That salad is a Pittsburgh thing.

Tight Lines!!

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant decor has a nice coastal feel although nothing fancy. The food was very good. My family of four got the calamari appetizer, Mahi Mahi, chicken fried chicken, burger and sweet potato fries, the pasta special and three alcohol drinks. All of the food was very good and the bill was $116 before the tip. Our server was good as well.

Thanks we try to do simple well.

Best Fishes!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is the first place I have ever gone and ordered crab cakes and they were so close to tasting like I was home in Maryland. Upon doing my research I discovered that the owner was from Maryland or had some ties to Maryland in some way or another. The crab cakes were very good and they were huge. My husband ordered the platter with two and I ordered "one"....dah, we could have shared because the crab cakes were so big. Just happy to eat in a restaurant here in the south and it felt like I was home in Maryland. I would recommend this place...and yes, go on and indulge in a crab cake or two if you know what a real crab cake should look and taste like.

1  Thank Cynthia C
marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thanks Hon! I grew up in Baltimore and opened the Marlin Moon in Ocean City, MD in 1999. I moved it here last year. Thanks for your review and being our guest.

Go Birds!!! oh and Jags!!

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Read the reviews here and decided we had to try it...so glad we did! Had dinner here around 7 pm on Thursday, 6/12, with four adults, two 12 year olds and a 2 year old. Was quite surprised that there were only about 5 tables of people there at the time. Service was quick throughout the meal. For appetizers we had the calamari (which was perfectly lightly coated) and the fried green tomatoes (not as good as mine, of course, but really good!). My wife had the Cream of Crab soup and I had the Seafood bisque, both of which were very tasty. For entrees I had the Eggplant Boat which had shrimp, crawfish & crab and it was to die for!! The wife had the grilled Mahi which was a large piece and very tender and flavorful. If you imbibe, you have to try the Orange Crush & Creamsicle drinks...they're sooooo good and refreshing! Everyone else really enjoyed their meals also. Can't vouch for dessert as we were too full to order. Prices are very reasonable; it was around $200 for all of us, including two drinks and entrees per adult, the kids' meals, and the two appetizers. This restaurant deserves all the good reviews it's getting!

Thanks for the great review and being our guests!!

Stay Crabby my Friends!!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Nothing new to add here to the other excellent reviews. Based upon TA reviews, I checked out this small and unassuming restaurant for dinner on business. I sat at the bar and was well cared for by Jessica who told me that happy hour included $6 appetizers. The crab balls were incredibly delicious. Main course included a perfectly cooked filet and a skewer of five grille shrimp atop a pile of vegetables and some unidentifiable hash. I enjoyed the dinner and the atmosphere. A very cozy place and a great meal made for a great night. I will return if I am able. Affordable at $45 for a dinner, appetizer and a couple of cocktails.

Thanks for the great review and we will hold a bar seat for upon your return.

Best Fishes,