“Marlin Moon Grille”
Review of Marlin Moon Grille - CLOSED

Marlin Moon Grille
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Eat Drink Fish!! Is a perfect slogan for this fine casual dining spot. The cozy bar is lively with a cast of characters in front of and behind the bar, which was made to resemble the transom of a sport fishing boat, "The Pretty Work" from Islamorada, FL. The signature adult beverage is the Orange Crush. You gotta try one!! Food wise it's all about the Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, fresh local Mayport seafood with beef, pork and chicken options available. Marlin Moon Grille was the recipient of the 2009 People's Choice, Restaurant Association of Maryland's Favorite Restaurant Award before relocating to Jax Beach.
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Marlin Moon Grille”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Had a real blast here on several occasions.
Great food, service and surroundings.
Last visit was with 6 frinds and we all had great food and a fantastic time whilt there.

Visited September 2013
marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thanks so much I am glad you enjoyed us as much as we enjoyed you. GB

“Great seafood”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

We both had the combo dish of grilled mahi, grilled shrimp and crab cake. It was really good. The reviews of the crab cake are spot on. The crab cakes are loaded with crab, not cheap filler., and they are saut��ed not deep fried. The mahi tasted fresh and I don't know if the shrimp was local, but it sure tasted that way. The side vegetables were steamed carrots, peppers and green beans. Although they were a bit bland, they were not over cooked. We shared a slice of key lime pie, which although it didn't have the traditional graham cracker crust, it was tart and tasty.

Thanks for coming in we are glad you enjoyed it. The crab cakes are actually broiled and if you email me I will give you the recipe. The shrimp are from Georgia as we can not get big enough shrimp from Mayport. We reheat the blanched veg in just water, salt, butter, white and red pepper. Salt & pepper are very subjective that is why we have sea salt & b;ack pepper grinders on the tables (I have resturants that don't). We appreciate your praise.
Best Fishes!
Atlantic Beach, FL
“My Cousin Can Come Down From MD & Get Some Great Crab Cakes!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We kept saying we wanted to go to the Marlin Moon, but we also kept putting it off. We finally made it and we are so glad we did!

I was raised in FL and my husband in Cape Cod, so we know a little about fresh seafood. We visit my cousin in MD and we go out for crab cakes. Those are our credentials.

We had the Marlin Moon special trio platter with a sampling of fish, shrimp, and a crab cake. Sour cream mashed potatoes and a vegetable medley accompanied our trio. I had a fabulous grapefruit/vodka concoction. Every aspect of our meal was wonderful. We concur with other reviewers... all meat crab cakes! My cocktail was even refreshing without being cloyingly sweet.

I could go on & on, but there's no need. Just go to the Marlin and have a real crab cake in a friendly atmosphere, served by a helpful and knowledgeable staff!

• Visited October 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I grew up in Baltimore and moved the restaurant from Ocean City, MD
Best Fishes!
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Great seafood, good prices”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was our first time at Marlin Moon. The food was extremely good. Fresh seafood cooked the way it should be done. Awesome grilled shrimp, crab cakes and snapper. Really special sour cream and onion mashed potatoes. We will be back!

• Visited October 2013
Thanks Marta. The mashed potatoes are baby reds, with butter, sour cream, salt, white pepper, half & half and the white part of green onion.
Tight Lines!!
Jacksonville, Florida
“A Guilty Pleasure”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Sometimes I feel guilty at Marlin Moon Grille. Why? Forgive me, I have ordered the pork chops in a great seafood restaurant. Mind you now, the seafood is tasty and fresh and nicely prepared. It is just that the pork chops can't be beat.

My wife goes for the seafood, always. The last trip, she ordered their Combination Plate with a crab cake, fish and shrimp. There was no problem with the fish not being cooked through but it was not over-cooked. While very good, she would rate the crab cake very good but those at Dwight's a tad better. Assuaging my guilt, I tried the Eggplant Boat. I loved the creamy seafood filling but found the deep-fried eggplant cooked tender but strangely stringy. I could not cut it up with the table knife. That was too bad because the left-over sauce was perfect with it.

Next time, it is back to the pork chops although I might try the Eggplant Boat again.

• Visited September 2013
Thanks for coming in and the kind words. The pork chops are the sleeper on the menu. I am sorry about the eggplant. Maybe the eggplant was bad or too big. I like the that dish over our fresh pappardelle pasta.

Catch'em up