“Great seafood, good prices”
Review of Marlin Moon Grille - CLOSED

Marlin Moon Grille
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Eat Drink Fish!! Is a perfect slogan for this fine casual dining spot. The cozy bar is lively with a cast of characters in front of and behind the bar, which was made to resemble the transom of a sport fishing boat, "The Pretty Work" from Islamorada, FL. The signature adult beverage is the Orange Crush. You gotta try one!! Food wise it's all about the Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, fresh local Mayport seafood with beef, pork and chicken options available. Marlin Moon Grille was the recipient of the 2009 People's Choice, Restaurant Association of Maryland's Favorite Restaurant Award before relocating to Jax Beach.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Great seafood, good prices”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was our first time at Marlin Moon. The food was extremely good. Fresh seafood cooked the way it should be done. Awesome grilled shrimp, crab cakes and snapper. Really special sour cream and onion mashed potatoes. We will be back!

• Visited October 2013
marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thanks Marta. The mashed potatoes are baby reds, with butter, sour cream, salt, white pepper, half & half and the white part of green onion.
Tight Lines!!
GB

Jacksonville, Florida
“A Guilty Pleasure”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Sometimes I feel guilty at Marlin Moon Grille. Why? Forgive me, I have ordered the pork chops in a great seafood restaurant. Mind you now, the seafood is tasty and fresh and nicely prepared. It is just that the pork chops can't be beat.

My wife goes for the seafood, always. The last trip, she ordered their Combination Plate with a crab cake, fish and shrimp. There was no problem with the fish not being cooked through but it was not over-cooked. While very good, she would rate the crab cake very good but those at Dwight's a tad better. Assuaging my guilt, I tried the Eggplant Boat. I loved the creamy seafood filling but found the deep-fried eggplant cooked tender but strangely stringy. I could not cut it up with the table knife. That was too bad because the left-over sauce was perfect with it.

Next time, it is back to the pork chops although I might try the Eggplant Boat again.

• Visited September 2013
Thanks for coming in and the kind words. The pork chops are the sleeper on the menu. I am sorry about the eggplant. Maybe the eggplant was bad or too big. I like the that dish over our fresh pappardelle pasta.

Catch'em up
GB
Saint Augustine, FL
“Outstanding Crab Cakes & More”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I spent 32 years in the Washington DC area and rate the Maryland Eastern Shore crab cakes the best ever. Well the Maryland crab cakes are now in Jacksonville courtesy of the Marlin Moon Grille. Their crab cakes are 100% pure crab and are, by far, the best crab cakes I have eaten in Jacksonville. If you love crab cakes, this is the place. The Marlin Moon Grille also has a number of specialty drinks called Crushes. The Orange Crush and Creamsicle Crush are terrific and the prices for a specialty drink are excellent. In fact, their prices, overall, are very reasonable. And our server, Kristy, was great. She was extremely knowledgeable about the menu, very helpful, and has a terrific personality. We will most definitely be back as this is now one of our favorite restaurants!

1 Thank 4evertravel730
marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thanks so much!!!

Best Fishes!!
Gary
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Me and my husband are from out of town we live in Orlando. and we heard about this place. The food is amazing I had the bang bang shrimp, and seafood combo the crab cakes phenomenonal, fish was not cooked all the way through but still fantastic. The server was awesome her name is Nicole,she went into detail about your specials, and some menu options. The atmosphere was great, the staff awesome. Will come back again!

Thanks so much!!!

Best Fishes!
Gary
ponte vedra beach fl
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We read the wonderful reviews and arrived prior to 7 pm...There was no BOGO....The food was hit or miss...some of it was fabulous, some of it was very very average....
Our server was actually the worst part. Although she was very friendly, she rarely refilled our drinks, even when asked. In additon, when it was time to pay it took over fifteen minutes to receive the check...All of this was surprising as it was only 6pm....We are local, and so were hoping for another"go to" place when we desired a good meal at decent prices.

• Visited September 2013
marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
I am sorry about your experience here. We strive to get better every day. I am sorry about your service. The BOGO was discontinued the first of the month and my web site host was slow to change the site. It has been changed. Sorry again.