“Great meal + Great people!”
Review of Marlin Moon Grille - CLOSED

Marlin Moon Grille
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Eat Drink Fish!! Is a perfect slogan for this fine casual dining spot. The cozy bar is lively with a cast of characters in front of and behind the bar, which was made to resemble the transom of a sport fishing boat, "The Pretty Work" from Islamorada, FL. The signature adult beverage is the Orange Crush. You gotta try one!! Food wise it's all about the Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, fresh local Mayport seafood with beef, pork and chicken options available. Marlin Moon Grille was the recipient of the 2009 People's Choice, Restaurant Association of Maryland's Favorite Restaurant Award before relocating to Jax Beach.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Three of us enjoyed deliciously fresh seafood meals. Fabulous!! The menu offers a nice variety of choices, both seafood and otherwise. Unsure? Review it on their website. Pricing is reasonable. Check out the BOGO entree offer if dining before 7PM. Excellent waiter, hostess and I expect entire staff. My wife left purse behind with no way for them to reach us before we left town next day to travel home to NC. Even though closed the next day, we called up and thankfully someone answered and met us at the door to return the purse. Here's the best part: The following day our hostess from dinner, not knowing we had already got the purse and not seeing it there, somehow found our phone number and called to make sure we had received it. We need more people who care about each other that much. Many thanks!

1  Thank Tom M

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I am a picky and healthy eater. Usually, there are only a few options for me, but I could not make up my mind on this menu. Everything sounded delicious and extremely fresh. I was right, because it was. My husband and I ended up splitting our entrees, because we liked them both so much. They had fried food and more traditional options, but also grilled and more exotic plates. The wine list was also very good and our server, Samantha, was friendly and knowledgable. The only reason that I did not give it 4 stars is because I am a big fan of outdoor seating and windows, and there were none.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My mother in law, my husband, and I went there, the server Megan, was excellent! She told us about the seven specials they had, and we ordered our appetizers Dynamite Shrimp and buffalo boneless wings, they were excellent! Then for dinner we had the delicious crab cakes, blue cheese crusted Tenderloin, and a salad. Everything was great! We were so full we couldn't have dessert! Would definitely come back!!!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Marlin Moon is outstanding. Get the crab cakes. The prices are very inexpensive for what you get. When Marlin Moon was in Maryland they charged a lot more. Either way, it was always excellent and still is. Can't wait to go back.

marlinmoon, Owner at Marlin Moon Grille, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

gary beach

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Marlin Moon is a recent transplant from Baltimore. They brought their Charm City recipe for crab cakes with them and I am glad they did. I only had a single. If I had gone for the double I might still be there. Great value for the portion size. Very tasty with lots of crab, not filler like you get in other places. The decor is bright and welcoming. Service was also very welcoming.