“Surprisingly good!”

Cuisines: American
Athens, Georgia
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our family's first trip to Jax Beach and we weren't familiar with many restaurants in the area. Our goal is always to find the local places and skip the chains. After reading some positive reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to give Landshark Cafe a try. I was a little leery walking in the door with my two children--at first glance, it looked like it was pretty much a bar. But it was a real restaurant with a varied menu, and there were plenty of other children in there, as well. I had the fish tacos (can you say "awesome!!"??) and sweet potato fries; my kids had chicken strips and a cheeseburger, and they both cleaned their plates (which is saying something). It was so good, we went back a second time when my husband joined us midweek. I had fish tacos again (and it wasn't a fluke--they were just as good the second time around), and they had a special going for July 4th, with pork and brisket cooked on a huge smoker grill outside. My husband had it and thought it was excellent, and he's a BBQ snob! We also had a basket of fried shrimp for an appetizer, and it was also very tasty. If you're looking for fancy, this isn't your place. But if you're looking for good food and a friendly staff, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Landshark Cafe!

P.S.--They have trivia night on Mondays (at least, they did when we were there), and it was a lot of fun! They also have live bands several nights a week and a cool deck out front that we might have tried out had it not been raining.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank DawgFan77

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Delicious fish”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Beach oriented theme. Good selection. Prompt service. Somewhat pricey. Convenient parking. An oasis of reasonable food in this area.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kildonan63
Downers Grove, Illinois
“pretty decent food!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ended up at Landshark Cafe to celebrate our son's graduation from UNF. Our other "plans" were to dine at a nice restaurant, possibly with his friend and family...but no one could make up their minds. Our son suggested this place cause his other friends were playing there- they are all musicians, and the Landshark hires them to play a regular 2 hr. gig. We rolled our eyes, but figured it was his day....his choice.
Anyway- we went and ordered our drinks while we waited for our son and friend to meet us there. We ordered some appetizers. And were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food!
A couple of us ordered the fish and chips, which was very good...lightly breaded fish.
My husband ordered the tuna steaks- which he LOVED.
The place wasn't too loud, so we were able to talk during our meal. And it was very casual, but not raunchy- as I'd expected a beach bar to be.
I woudl recommmend this place. The food was great!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank d00d26
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
“Sunday brunch”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Sunday brunch was very creative. The biscuits and gravy were the best I've had locally. They even had spam hash. great bloody marys and mimosas

Visited March 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Neighborhood vibe”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went to Landshark Cafe for a late dinner. My server was Leslie and she took good care of me. I had a shrimp cocktail with crab as my appetizer. The main course was fish & chips. Portion size was very good, three large pieces of fish and enough fries to go around. To drink I had a local brew, Duke's brown ale, on tap.

• Visited February 2013