“Excelente!!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We're from Texas and LOVE our Mexican food. So, when we were visiting Jacksonville Beach and saw the reviews, we decided to chance it. Much to our pleasure, this proved to be a wonderful dining experience. We both ordered Fajitas and a frozen margarita. My beef fajitas were excellent and my husband's chicken fajitas were excellent as were the margaritas. A special note... They have the best verde/green sauce I've ever tasted!!! Our waitress, Kendall was the icing to the cake!! To do again? Definitely.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I worked at Campeche during the 1990s. I waited tables and cooked food. Their food was always far above any Amer-Mex cuisine I had ever tried and continues to be consistent in taste, portion size, and value. The atmosphere is casual and laid-back, as is the decor.

The service during our 2/14/14 visit at 8:45PM was very slow. We waited approximately 10 minutes after being seated to be greeted by a server. One soda took another 10 minutes. We ordered ceviche for an appetizer. The overall flavor and seasoning was perfect, but the ratio of seafood to filler (tomato, onion, peppers) was low. It could also have used a bit of spice (heat).

I ordered the scallop and shrimp fajitas. First of all, I judge all other fajitas by the ones at Campeche Bay. The tortillas are steamy and always hot and delicious; the shrimp and scallops cooked perfectly; and the the cheese, pico, lettuce, and sour cream/guacamole setup always adequate. I don't know what they do to the seafood, onions, baby corn, and peppers before they put it on the skillet, but when combined with everything in a tortilla is a symphony of happiness. This meal will feed two people and always (!) pleases!
My husband ordered the California burrito which was also tasty. The beef brisket was spicy and juicy, the tortilla firm but not crunchy, and the cheese sauce mild and seasoned nicely.

If you are more in the mood for apps, try their chorizo fundido or nachos. The fundido is one of the tastiest appetizers I have ever tried.

Campeche never disappoints, even if the service is a little slow. Food is still on-point and delicious after all of these years!!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Ate here on New Years Eve. The waiter told us of a drink special but when you look on the table he scoffed that the ads were old. My drink was ok - not that great. Huge portions of cheesy covered tortillas - typical. They did have trivia going on and wish we were told to join in?

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We love the food at Campeche Bay. The chorizo fundito is unbelievable. We enjoy family birthdays here frequently. We have received excellent service both for dinner in the dining room as well as appetizers and drinks in the bar during happy hour. We have never been disappointed.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

All of the food is delish, and the staff is great too. 1/2 price apps...love it. Try the smoked aztec wings, they are amazing!