“Average food with expensive prices. Horrible service.”
Review of Stonewood Grill & Tavern - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Really bad service. Food wasn't bad, wasn't good either.

Do yourself a favor, go to J Alexanders instead. Same prices, food and service 1000 times better.

1  Thank 9Chris9

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I and two other couples were in Jacksonville Beach recently on a four day getaway. The Jacksonville area is a great place for a getaway. Lots of great shopping, wonderful golf courses, and many interesting places to visit. Unfortunately for us the weather did not cooperate, so we had to go with plan B which included indoor activates and staying close to the hotel for dinner. A guest of the hotel recommended the Stonewood Grill which was located right next door to the hotel. We ate dinner there three times during our stay. This was partly due to the weather but for the most part it was because we all really enjoyed the restaurant. All three nights we had a 6:30 reservation. They have a happy hour which ends at seven, so the house wine (which all liked) was $4 a glass, cocktails were also very reasonable. Needless to say with six of us dinning we tried many different dishes, and not one negative comment from anyone. As a group we had the Mahi Mahi, Pork Chops, Salmon, Veggie Pasta, Seared Ahi Tuna, Chicken Pot Pie, etc. you get the idea. The service was excellent, very warm and friendly and at the same time extremely professional. The Stonewood Grill & Tavern is a Florida chain with 16 locations scattered through out the state. We are looking forward to sharing the Stonewood with our family the next time we get down to Florida.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This little restaurant is simply beautiful. With its dark walnut wood, rock pillars and seating layout, not only the food is excellent, but the ambiance, as well. The prices are reasonable and the service was excellent. I had the pot roast and my wife had the rack of lamb. Both were terrific. There are a lot of sides to choose from, too.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here half a dozen times and have always enjoyed it. I have multiple food allergies and my hubby needs lower sodium. They have always been willing to make our meals to meet our needs. Sometimes we just want to substitute something and they are happy to do that too, so I often order their grilled chicken breast but can't eat the topping that comes with it, so they happily substitute buerre blanc sauce, or any of their other sauces,on the side. We've also swapped out the veggie choices, no problem. They do get quite busy so we try to get there by 6:00, even on week nights. It's not unusual to see people waiting for a table especially after 7:00 and on the weekends. They do take reservations and that would be smart if you go later or on the weekend.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Birthday dinner for my Father-in law. We have been to this location many times and expected a good meal. It was very apparent the Thursday night cook didn't care about quality at all. I ordered the 6 oz filet ($25) it couldn't have been more than 4 oz's. asked for MR came out MW. My husband had grouper he said it was horrible (not a complainer). Very disappointed!! however, the complimentary chocolate cake for Birthday was excellent:)
We didn't say anything to our server because I think that is tacky, what could she have done. That's why we have tripadvisor....