“Excellent”

Gumbo YaYa's East
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This place is a diamond in the rough! ALL THE FOOD IS AMAZING!!! I could try or order anything, and be completely content. My favorites are the Shrimp Etouffee, and the Shrimp Creole... my only gripe would be that I wish I could order Beignets on the weekend also (they don't serve them Fri. and Sat.)...

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kelso00

“Serving Microwave Dinners”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This used to be one of my favorite spots but I think the quality has gone way downhill. My jambalaya was reheated in the microwave which left cold spots in the food. I mean really cold spots like it was just pulled out of the refrigerator. When I told the lady behind the counter she snatched it up with some attitude and slapped it in the microwave again this time making it so hot that it almost melted the plastic bowl that it was in. My wife's muffaletta wasn't all that great either and definitely not as good as it once was.

• Visited November 2013
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“A taste of NOLA”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

After reading about this place on Trip Advisor, my wife and I went to lunch on a Sunday. What a fun place! The Saints game was on TV, and lots of the patrons were decked out in Saints gear, and cheering for every big play. We ordered a catfish poboy and a bowl of red beans and rice. The poboy bread was fresh and reminded me of some I had eaten in New Orleans. The catfish was lightly breaded, crispy on the outside but tender. It was excellent. The red beans and rice were in a tasty roux, and had a generous helping of sausage. It was as good as any I have ever had. We started with the onion rings, which were served with Cajun ranch dressing for dipping. We brought some home, as the serving was huge. With great food and a Mardi Gras atmosphere, Gumbo Ya Ya's will definitely be added to our favorite restaurant list. Who Dat!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank JD H
Dickson, Tennessee
“Red Beans and Rice”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We eat here every time we visit Jacksonville. Always get the Red Beans and Rice. Very good. Tried the Alligator last time... Not something I would order again. LOL But I had to try it!

• Visited September 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Go for the bowl and have no regrets!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Never been to a New Orleans type restaurant, but we decided to try because of the reviews. Also, liking spicy food, we couldn't resist. My wife and I ordered three cups to share. We had the beans and rice, Jambalaya with chicken and sausage and Seafood Gumbo. We were not disappointed except wishing we would have ordered bowls instead of the cup portion. My favorite is the Seafood Gumbo- reminded me of a She-crab soup I used to really enjoy.

Visited September 2013