“Tasty food, good service”
Review of Gumbo YaYa's East

Gumbo YaYa's East
Sarasota, Florida
“Tasty food, good service”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We read about this place, and the hotel opined.
We had cups of the gumbo. OK.
We had oyster poboys. OK and they did store overnight and taste good the next day.

But, this is not fine dining. Server was good. I suppose that the good was unique and good for this area, and our last visit to NOLA was at least 10 years ago.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank genied

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in Jacksonville for the day and I saw this restaurant as we were on our way to the airport. We decided we had time to stop in for a late lunch/early dinner. So glad we did! This restaurant is located in a small strip mall. Service was very friendly and very good. Being a New Orleans native, I had a nice conversation with the lady who waited on us, and I enjoyed looking at all the Louisiana decor. We both had seafood gumbo, which was served with authentic New Orleans French bread. My husband had the red beans and rice, which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had the small shrimp po-boy and it was very good. The batter was cornmeal, which was different, but still good!

We'll be back in Jacksonville this summer and I'm sure we'll stop in for another authentic New Orleans meal!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank UOtterTravel
Jacksonville, Florida
“So YUM!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This restaurant boasts a New Orleans taste right here in Jacksonville! Well, I have never been to New Orleans, but I sure didn enjoy my food. I ordered the crab boil (served on the weekend) and they served a great portion and the extras are wonderful. The spicy corn on the cob, red potatoes and the flavorful sausage complimented the spicy crab. My husband ordered the shrimp jumbalya and couldn't stop saying how good it was. Don't leave without ordering the bread pudding... So worth the calories!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dell B
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Naw'lins all the way!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Crawfish boils with corn, potatoes, and sausage every weekend when they are in season! if you are a Louisiana transplant, this is the place to eat and meet all your other LA friends in jax! Great food, great owners and staff and a laid back friendly atmosphere, just like the Big Easy.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 2119rio
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oui c'est bon "Yea it's good"”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Enjoy the atmosphere of Naw'lins. Right here in Jacksonville. The owners are awesome. Food is great. Can't get enough.

Visited April 2013