“delicious”
Review of Gumbo YaYa's East

Gumbo YaYa's East
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a wonderful lunch there. Oyster poboy was excellent. Others in my group had the shrimp creole special with sides of potato salad and boudin balls. All of which were tasty.

1  Thank csebec

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love New Orleans and often long for good N.O.L.A. cuisine. Was happy to find it at Gumbo Ya Ya's on Beach Blvd. in Jacksonville. Have eaten here several times and always love the seafood gumbo. Po Boys are excellent with plenty of filling and wonderful bread. The red beans and rice are quite good. Service has always been great, fast and friendly. They do a crab boil on the weekends, which I haven't tried yet but plan to soon as the smell is enough to die for. Great offerings on the menu encourage you to come back and keep trying different things. They do offer "Turduckin" around the holidays and you can order one to take home to prepare yourself.

1  Thank WanderWoman0001
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The red beans and rice is a must get. The bread pudding looked fantastic and will be sampled next trip. Great little lunch spot.

1  Thank Dirt_Beast
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We found out about Gumbo Ya Ya's after watching a Thanksgiving cooking segment on our local news station. We love New Orleans and cajun and creole food, so I had to check out their menu. Not only do they have a wide variety of New Orleans cuisine, but they also serve fresh, warm beignets. The special that day was the Meatball Poboy, so that's what I ordered. It was seasoned perfectly and the bread was outstanding. My husband had a shrimp Poboy, which he said was delicious and loaded with shrimp. We also ordered beignets, and for a few brief moments I felt as though I was transported back to New Orleans We had a nice chat with one of the owners (Lauren). She was very friendly. She and her husband were born and raised in New Orleans and owned restaurants there. We live in St. Augustine, so it's a bit of a drive to get to Gumbo Ya Ya's, but it was well worth the drive. I can't wait to go back and try more of their authentic New Orleans dishes.

1  Thank toried
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

One of my co-workers suggested that we give this place a shot for some traditional Cajun food. Being a good hike from Callahan it was a crap shoot to act on the recommendation. No dissappointments here for being a small eatery. I had the Shrimp étouffée and was very pleased with portion size and flavor. Enjoyed the complimentory Jello shots. Saints won against the Falcons and the server came around with the Jello Shots again this time dropping off about 15 of them. Great please to eat when I find myself in this area again. I want to try the Jumbalya next time.

1  Thank Twister7096