“Best take out at the beach.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Cuisines: Australian
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Best take out at the beach.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful dinner last night at outback. Their new $15.00 menu is great. Pork, potatoes, fresh green beans, salad, French onion soup ( dollar extra) and the most moist yummy carrot cake. Food nice and hot and so filling. My husband had prime rib which is always killer good. Only wish they had a location on the water but I rather have great food than a great view.

• Visited May 2013

Waterford, Michigan
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The service was very slow and our waitress was not very pleasant. I ordered a medium rare steak and it was definitely well done. The waitress did offer to replace but we waited so long for service I settled on just my salad and vegetable as my husband was nearly finished with his dinner. The manager did stop by the table and removed the charge for my dinner from the tab, but it was generally not a good experience.

Visited February 2013
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“A Shrimp of a Lobster”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

On a recent visit to Jacksonville Beach, FL, we dined at the Outback Steakhouse on 3rd Street South, Jacksonville Beach, FL. With eager anticipation, I ordered their “Filet & Lobster Tail.” One of their menu pictures stuck in my mind. It was of fluffy white lobster meat budging out of a beautiful red shell.

When the entrée arrived I was taken back and could only laugh. The filet was small as expected. But the lobster tail was pitiful—two shriveled lengths of meat, about as long and as wide as my skinny index finger. This pathetic excuse of a lobster was hardly the size of a respectable shrimp! I made no effort to report my disappointment, but I will simply use the experience as a guide whenever I have an urge for steak or lobster in the future.

Once earlier, on an extended trip to Egypt, I found myself longing for a steak at the Outback Steakhouse on my return to the U.S. When I did return to both the U.S. and the Outback, my expectations were dashed for in my Egyptian dreams I guess I was thinking more of the menu pictures than of the actual steak.

I have repeatedly experienced this same false expectation from menu photos by another well-known restaurant, Red Lobster. I once dined with Bill Darden and knew something about the chain he founded that includes Red Lobster. So I wrote their current CEO suggesting that either the menu photos or menu items be adjusted to enhance truth in advertizing. The CEO’s intentions became clear when he did not respond to my letter.

• Visited March 2013
Macon, Georgia
“ok steak”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

unhappy service steak cooked well when I ordered medium, warm and pink in the middle but I received medium well

Visited March 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Terrible Everything”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had terrible service, terrible overcooked rubbery food, it took 2 hours and nobody was even there! We got the manager, who wasn't very nice either and it was just a dismal experience. Have not been back, will not go back. If you want outback, there is a better one 5 minutes away off Atlantic Blvd. Go there.

Visited June 2012